2. Marriage Proposal

"Poetry" papa said and I grinned. I knew I know him well

"Are you finding something to tell mummy in the night" I asked with a chuckle and he smiled and roamed his hand on my head lovingly

"Its our thing. If I don't it feels empty" he said and I nodded my head. Papa always has been like this and I have been grown up in a home with always so much romance. They have always been so cute and adorable together. 

"It always has been your thing" I said with a smile and picked up the pillow on her couch and kept it on my lap as I felt the topic of marriage was going to start very soon

"So I think you might have understood the reason why I called you here" he said and I nodded my head a little slowly 

"So are you now atleast okay in talking and meeting the guy" he asked and I again nodded my head again. I thought a lot last night and I think I want a love life before my 30s for sure. I don't want to die an old maid and the way guys are hitting on me I would surely become one.

"What is his name" I asked when I saw him just sitting there with a smile. His way too happy right now. 

"His name is Arjun and he is my friend Pankaj's son. You already know him" he said and I nodded my head. I know Pankaj uncle and I have known him well all my life. He is Papa's best friend and not just any friend.

"He is 30 years old and his parents now want him to be married too" papa said and I nodded my head at the information.

"I will first talk to him on my phone and then maybe we can meet" I said as this seemed the best idea and I saw Papa make a face.

"He is coming the next week and I think you both should first meet like that" he said and I frowned but nodded my head. He was so happy a minute ago and it would not harm me to meet him first and then chat on phone with him.

"Okay as you say but I will might need time to say yes to him" I said with a smile on my way and Papa nodded his head smiling. I got up from the couch when I saw my phone ringing and excused myself to pick it up. 

.............

I walk to my room in the night holding my bag and see mummy walking towards me and I smile at her. 

"I am very happy that you agreed to meet him" she said with a huge smile on her face and I returned it back to her

"I am happy too I think" I said with a smile and she hugged me the next second with a huge smile. 

"I am so happy you are going to get married. I was trying to be supporting and everything but I am just so happy" she said and again hugged me while I chuckled patting her back slowly 

"I have just said yes to meeting him not marrying him" I said when she broke the still with a slight smile on my face and she shrugged

"Okay, now I will talk to you after changing my clothes" I said and opened the door of my room and get inside to change. 

.............

I lie down on my bed and open my phone but I still can't stop thinking about him. I have known him and his family for my whole life. I know everyone in his family very well except him because he was gone for boarding school since I was in primary. 

I have only just met him for sometimes in functions and not more than that. As far as I remember he has been handsome and talkative always. He was always the friendly one like his brothers. His brothers though I know them very well. 

I have been close with one of his bhabhi a lot. Maybe I should talk to her and get his number from her. I really would love to talk to him first rather then just meeting him directly.

I groan and stuff my face in my pillow when I don't seem to find any good way to get rid of this overthinking. Maybe I should just stalk him on Instagram and Facebook. It could help that I know him a bit well before meeting him.

The only things I know about him are that he is an computer engineer and he is a really smart guy. I have heard a lot of his praises from everyone since childhood. And I remember meeting him only an year ago in some family function 

I open my phone and start searching for his Instagram Id which was easy to find as I already was following everyone in  his family. He has only three posts on his Instagram. Two of them were quite old and only one was new. It was of him and some of his friends.

He was looking handsome as always. I smiled at his picture as I felt a little bit something after seeing it. I believe if something is gonna happen in between me and someone I will feel something when I see them. 

He is standing in between his friends wearing a Shirt and pant and looking absolutely sexy in them. He has grown some beard in the picture and it seems to look quite good on him. It might work out after all. I thought and closed my eyes and try to sleep. I will meet him in a week and I do have an option. I think and finally the sleep engulfed me in some time.

...........

Another chapter for all the lovely people

Please vote, comment and share

Thankyou 🥰 🥰