Part 13 - Promise

I am sleeping after a long night. I cant leave him alone. Jeff already leave for his schedule. It was so peaceful until i heard someone open the door. P baiii tu scream... shhhhh i heard he susshing his friend. Lets go he said after close the door. Now they are tiptoeing to his room. It was so quiet and very strange. There is no way they are this quiet. I slowly walk to his room and push his door slowly. What the heck, now there are hugging and crying like a drama. They are whispering to each other and talk slowly. They must be talking about me. I can felt it.
I leave and laying on the couch with uncomfortable heart. What is wrong with me. They are his close friend, like a family. Why i felt so annoyed. I try to continue my sleep and try to relax. Its already noon, but those kids still not get out of his room. I try to peep once again, but suddenly all of them come out except for him. I pretend to sleep because i dont want to greet them. Thank you win, nani said. We will come early morning tomorrow. Dont fight, he is sick, he need your comfort tu said. Take care p dew said before leave. I listen to their conversation and I can felt win coming  and looking at me  for a few moment before running to his room. What is he doing, do i look like a goods that he need to check, i annoyly said.
I wait for them but same like before they just stay in the room. Again i go and check on them. I cant believe my eyes, they are now hugging and talking comforting each other. He look so relax and comfort in win embrace.

I dont know why but i try to break them apart. I remind them for medicine and lunch. Win look scare but he politely greet me. I nod and leave them to prepare the food that i never do for my whole life. I have people who do it or i just eat how ever it is.
I put the food neatly on a plate and wait for them. Shit i nearly curse out loud. They come out hugging and win happily feeding him. He just have a fever and a little cut, he can eat himself. There is no need for that over caring act. I signal metawin to give him medicine.
I am glad both of them are scare of his cuts so i grab this chance to help him.
He look so shock but still follow me obediantly.
He look shy and ackward stand alone with me. Without any word i lift him on sink counter and start dressing his wound. He must be hurting, he bit his lips hard and hug me for comfort.
I try to be as soft as i can and as fast as i could. He is tearing when i look at him. I touch his eyes. He look so scare and in pain. But i cant bring myself to hug him. Lets go i said and he is now crying sadly. Lets go i said again and leave him alone.
I walk to metawin and ask him to take care of his friend. I told him i will come to dress his wound tonight. I cant believe i said that. Its not my plan. My plan is just to leave and let them handle themselves. Why i make a promise then.
Last time i said, comforting my own self.

I slowly drive to my apartment. Its so peaceful, and i keep thinking of him all the way. Then i received an emergency call,  boss mile was ambush. Location i scream and speed to my team.
There is no way, my life will be so peace and beautiful. I yell and keep speeding.
It was one tough battle.  A dozens of my man injured and even death. We are not careful enough. I never thought the are brave enough to attack one of us in  a broad day. I am glad mile is safe. I put the blame on me. I make sure every injured members was treated. I pay my respect to the death and instruct for their burial. I will Send enough money to their family. we will never let their family know. No news is good news. That how we work. Are you ok i ask mile. Sorry boss he said. Its my fault i said and leave him. Treat your wound first mile yelled at me. I hurt my stomach and my shoulder. I need to treat my wound but its already too late. I make a promise, he must be waiting for me.  For the first time in my life, i felt scared in the battle. I am scared that i cant fulfill my promise. There is no guranty that i can be safe all the time. I know my man will die to protect me but i really scare today. That why i never promise to anyone.
I drive to my apartment before i go to him. I cant go to him with my torn cloth.
After a long thought, i make a call when i start driving to his house.
Why are you still awake i ask him.  But he did not response to me. I heard a soft sobs. I only can smile and said. Wait , i will arrive soon and end the call. As i expected, he will cry waiting for me. I speed up to his house. I dont know how many red light i hit. I knock the door expecting metawin to open but what waiting for me is a beautiful guy, with rosy cheek, red nose and tearing eyes. I can heard my heart screaming. On that moment i decided to never let him go.  Breaking up or not, there is no way this handsome beautiful guy can escape from me. When he saw me he hug me tight. Its damm hurt. I slowly hug him back. Lets get in. We need to clean your wound. I slowly push him to walk. Honestly i like to hug and carry him. But i am injured now. I bring him to the bathroom. He still sobbing. I gently clean his wound and after i finish, i look at him who now sit on the sink counter. Are you in pain i ask him. He shook his head. Why are you crying i ask him. This is the most gentle way i talk to people in this planet.
I thought you are not coming he said.
I look at him and calmly said. I promise you, you just need to wait. No need to cry i said. He look at me and hold my hand. Thank you for coming he said softly.