006

kaizen was up at 12, waiting for his mother to come back home

kaizen was up at 12, waiting for his mother to come back home. kaizen had already made his 9 year old brother, kayden, go to sleep earlier in the night. this was her 10th time this week staying out late and he was starting to get worried. yawning, he turned his tv down a bit and laid back onto his pillows.

"please bring my mama home safely, God." kaizen mumbled a quick prayer before closing his eyes. a few hours later.. kaizen's mother, sherhonda came stumbling into the house loudly. not being mindful of her sleeping children, luckily both of their doors were closed so they couldn't hear a thing.

"jay... baby wh-whea you at?" sherhonda slurred as she walked upstairs. she started opening all of the doors until she finally got to kaizen's room. "mmm, i missed you baby." she smiled, quickly taking off her clothes and closing the door behind her.

"wh-whatchu' doin' mama?" kaizen stuttered as he sat up to see his mother stumbling over to his bed.

"shhh, baby. be quiet." she whispered, bringing her index finger over and putting it over his lip.

"mommy.. stop, ion like dis'." kaizen mumbled, trying to move her hand away from him as she tried to take his pants off.

"shut the fuck up, kaizen!" she yelled, slapping him roughly as she yanked his underwear off.

"ma, stop it! please, stop it!" kaizen frantically yelled as he tried to push his mother off him.

"shh, let mommy help you baby." sherhonda whispered in kaizen's ear as he felt tears blur his vision.

"no, mama, no!" kaizen yelled as his mother started to touch him in ways that a 12 year old should never be touched in.

"kaizen..."

"kaizen-"

"kaizen!" zyaire roughly shook kaizen as he tried to wake him from his nightmare. zyaire was having trouble sleeping and felt kaizen moving around, twisting and turning.

kaizen jumped up, feeling his face wet from all his tears to see zyaire looking at him with a worried look on his face.

"luv, you ok?" he asked. kaizen silently shook his head as he felt more tears come down his face. zyaire reached his hand out, about to grab kaizen but he flinched.

"i'm not gon' hurt you, luv. come here." zyaire spoke softly as he reached his hand out again, face full of worry.

"promise." kaizen mumbled, zyaire not being able to hear him since he was speaking so lowly.

"huh?" zyaire tilted his head confusedly.

"p-promise that you won't hurt me." kaizen's raspy voice choked out as he wiped the tears off his face.