028

!!ᵉˣᶜᵘˢᵉ ᵃⁿʸ ᵐⁱˢᵗᵃᵏᵉˢ ᵇᵒᵒᵏⁱᵉ!!

!!ᵉˣᶜᵘˢᵉ ᵃⁿʸ ᵐˢᵗᵃᵏᵉˢ ᵇᵒᵒᵏᵉ!!

𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭...

——

kayden laid awake, staring at the ceiling as he listened to yamari's soft snores. He felt the same feeling in his stomach that he did the last time he was here. sighing, kayden slowly got out of bed, being careful enough to not wake yamari up.

he quietly made his way downstairs to the kitchen, turning the light on and going to the fridge to get him something to drink. as he grabbed his water bottle he heard footsteps entering the kitchen too.

"you know, i tried everything to get you away from my child. nothing seems to be working, which is crazy, right?" mrs. jackson spoke as kayden slowly closed the fridge.

he really didn't feel like dealing with the older woman. she for some odd reason made him feel very uncomfortable all of a sudden.

"uhm.. i'm finna go back upst—" kayden mumbled, watching as ms jackson opened the door. he furrowed his eyebrows as he watched someone, maybe even the only person who'd ever put fear in his heart besides his mother. it was kj's father.

"yo, y'all onnat freaky shit. watch out." kayden said as he was about to walk past him. before he could even take a step, kj's father pulled out a gun.

"make a sound or move and yo' ass is grass." he said, aiming the gun at kayden.

kayden was visibly shaken up, it was like he was frozen. maybe he should've listened to kaizen this time. he knew kaizen wasn't able to handle losing his younger brother. hell, kayden wasn't ready to leave his brother either.

"i gave you plenty of time to step away. you've ruined my sons life, now it's my turn to ruin yours." ms jackson smiled, before she walked out of the home. there were two gunshots that went off, kayden closing his eyes as he felt himself hit the ground.

kayden gasped for air as he looked down at his stomach to see blood rushing out. he knew he had got shot somewhere else and while he was trying to find where, it started to get harder for him to breath. his eyes filling with tears while frantically looking around for something to help him.

he couldn't think straight, the only thing being on his mind was brother. the one person he knew that he could run to if he ever needed help.

"ka— kai— zen.." he choked out as he reached up to grab his bleeding neck.

yamari and his father rushed downstairs as soon as they heard gunshots. yamari's eyes widened at the sight, his father rushing over to kayden to help him.

"yamari go call the police!" mr jackson yelled as he turned kayden onto his side, all while covering his wound. yamari listened and immediately ran upstairs to grab his phone.