020

(i didnt proofread so if it don't make sense idc)!!ᵉˣᶜᵘˢᵉ ᵃⁿʸ ᵐⁱˢᵗᵃᵏᵉˢ ᵇᵒᵒᵏⁱᵉ!!𝚳𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟗𝐭𝐡 , 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎𝟔:𝟓𝟎 𝐏

!!ᵉˣᶜᵘˢᵉ ᵃⁿʸ ᵐⁱˢᵗᵃᵏᵉˢ ᵇᵒᵒᵏⁱᵉ!!
𝚳𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟗𝐭𝐡 , 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎
𝟔:𝟓𝟎 𝐏.𝚳.
——

"but momma, i swear i initiated the whole thing. he didn't take advantage of me!" yamari exclaimed as his mother yelled at him about what she had just seen. she immediately jumped to the conclusion that kayden had forced yamari to kiss him though yamari's hands were obviously around his neck, trying to pull him closer.

"yamari, you are too young to be doin' shi- stuff like this! what will your dad say when i tell him?" ms jackson scolded him.

"wait, you tellin' da?" yamari frowned as he felt fear shoot throughout his body. "mama, please don't tell him. im begging you, please." he begged as she shook her head no. yamari really loved the time that he soent with his father and just knew if she told him then everything would be weird.

"i have no choice, we cannot keep secrets like.. this from him."

"ma, please. i don't want you to tell him, i'm scared. please, i'll tell him myself, just give me time."

"so... are you like.. gay?" she asked, turning to look at her child. she had yamari when she was only 17, his real father deciding not to step up and be in his life. the man that yamari called his father wasn't his biological father and yamari didn't know it yet.

this was a secret that ms jackson and him decided to keep. they thought it was better for him not to know because of how fragile he had become. yamari could literally cry over a lady bug being killed.

they didn't know where or why yamari was so sensitive, all they knew was that they had to deal with it. sometimes yamari's oversensitivity made parenting hard for them. that's why his 'father' tried to spend extra time with him to try to toughen him up a little bit.

"i guess, i don't know, ma.." yamari mumbled as he nervously played with the string of his jacket. "i really like him, like a lot, but i don't want y'all to hate me or think i'm weird cause of it. i really don't wanna lose y'all." yamari expressed as he felt tears come to his eyes. he was so nervous about this whole thing and his mother catching him in the act really made things worse.

he couldn't bare losing his beautiful bond that he had with his mother over his sexuality. with all the movies he'd seen and books he read, he learned that a lot of the members of the LGBTQ+ community often cut communication with their parents or family members because of their sexuality.

it was all so scary to him because he felt his parents were the most important people in his life. he always put them above anyone and everyone, even himself. the car fell silent, yamari silently sniffling and wiping his eyes, afraid of what his mother was going to say next.