Chapter 15

Sorry couldn't update for 2 days so that's why a long chapter as compensation!

Jaanvi's POV

I have just completed studying and it's 3AM in the morning and I am studying in the hall with all the lights on.

Actually I could have stopped studying at 12 only but I was scared to go up after closing the lights and so as not to get scared I started studying.

I yawn, My eyes are getting heavy but I am scared as well.

I watch one more study video and the screen is getting blank slowly when I felt a tap on my shoulder and opened my eyes with shock, I looked at my side immediately and got scared.

It's mummy ji.

I sigh in relief.

"Jaanvi what are you doing here? Why haven't you slept in your room?"

I stood up "woh mummy ji, I was studying"

"It's fine but here? It's cold in here. Go to your room"

I shook my head.

"What happened?"

"Woh actually Aunty I am very scared to go up after switching off the light's so I just didn't"

"But you could have gone without turning them off"

"I know but I thought that maybe anyone of you might get angry that I left without switching it off and then my room's light were also off, that was also I reason I just couldn't gather courage to go up" I said truthfully

She looks at me with soft eyes and smiled a bit.

"Take your books, I will drop you to your room"

I smile "thank you mummy ji"

I take my books walk with her till my room.

"Good nights mummy ji"

"Good night but how do you manage to sleep alone?"

"Woh i just switch on the light, play Bhajans, keep Ganpati bapa near my table and sleep"

"You used to sleep like this in your house as well?" She asked and my smile decreased

"No, earlier I wasn't so scared but later on"

"Later on?"

I yawn "I am feeling sleepy mummy ji, Good night"

She nods "good night"

She leaves and I close the door taking a deep breath.

I open the drawer and look at the photograph. I close my eyes.

Go to your Rohit ! - his words play in my mind and I open my eyes.

I sit on the bed and I just keep my mind blank, not wanting to think anything, nothing.

Anything which affects me alot. I don't want to.

I hold the bed sheet tightly controlling myself from breaking down.

I have sips of water and calm myself down.

I keep the picture back in the drawer. I lay my head on the pillow play bhajan, hug the another pillow and sleep with all the thoughts running in my head.

•••••••••••••

"Mummy ji can we please go out for shopping?"

"Shopping?"

"Yeah, actually I want to buy some clothes as well as some study material and as I don't know anything about this place I want to go with you"

She thinks for a while and nods "but we have to go to Rohit's police station as well"