Chapter 46

Jaanvi's POV

We reach home and my eyes are filling with emotions.

It was never my house but still they gave me so much love.

I am standing out and he rings the bell.

"Rohit I can't do this" I plead him again.

"They will be very happy meeting you"

Mummy ji opens the door and when she looks at Me, first in shock and then she smiles with tears in her eyes "Jaanvi" she cups my face

I smile a bit.

She hugs me "where did you go beta? I was so scared" She caress my face and kiss my cheeks and my forehead and this made me so emotional that I started crying.

"I am sorry" I said and she hugged me again

"Why are you sorry" she rubs my back and I hug her back.

"Jaanvi Beta?" I heard Papa ji

I open my eyes and look at him.

I sniff, I go to touch his feet but he stepped back "Daughter's don't touch feets of elders" He said and hugged me.

"I am sorry" I say sobbing and Rohit holds my hand tightly.

Yes our hands are still cuffed.

"Come let's go in" Papa ji said and we get in.

"Why are your hands locked like this?" Mummy ji asked

"Because this madam didn't wanted to come home !" Rohit said and we sat on the sofa.

Mummy ji makes me drink water "why beta? Why didn't you wanted to come?" She asked

Then Papa ji said "because she didn't wanted to be a burden! She thinks it was all her fault that we questioned Rohit and everything. Isn't it ?" He asked and I look down.

"Beta it is not your fault" He says

"It is Papa...sorry uncle ji ! It is. I have a memory loss about which I don't know, my father never told me about the one I got married and I, just like an idiot came here and claimed Rohit to be my husband even when he himself was denying it, you all were denying it, then I acted so dumb here, I made everyone pissed off most of the time..You all had to answer the Society about who I am, because of me you all were so uncomfortable..I just can't" I cup my face and cry.

Rohit removes the hand cuff and then Mummy ji and Papa ji sit beside me.

Mummy ji hugs me.

Then papa ji says "first of all I am still your papa ji and she is still your mummy ji so no need to change our relationship. You are our daughter understood and next thing, it's not your fault, it was your father who did all this. He didn't tell you the truth, he made you come here, he told you that you have married Rohit and in your memory you remember the time when you put on the vermala to that Sukhdev"

"But I did marry him" I said

He shooks his head "No ! You didn't, you guys just made each other wear varmala"

"But my dad"

"He lied again ! You never married him as you ran away when you saw his face. You are unmarried and your father made fake marriage certificates to make you prove it !"

I am just so shocked.

How could he do this?

"And about your behaviour, Rohit also do things which piss us off, it's in kids" He said