Chapter 18

Rohit's POV

Where did she go man?

"Jaanvi! Jaanvi" I call out

Here mom is panicking "Beta she is fine right?"

"Yes mom, nothing will happen to her. She must be here only"

Then mom turned towards Dad "Look because of your behaviour she left just like that at night. Where she must have gone. You know places are not safe at Night and" tears began to slip from mom's eyes

I hug mom "Mom relax" I rub her back.

"Let's check down" Dad said and we all went down.

We check the rooms but she is not there as well.

"Let's check the worship area" Mom said and went there.

Once we reached there, we all relaxed.

Jaanvi is sleeping near the statue of gods with headphones.

She gave us a heart attack.

Mom rushed to her and shook her "Jaanvi Beta"

She slowly opened her eyes and saw mom with sleepy eyes.

Mom smiles and hugs her tightly "I was so scared Beta. Thank god you are fine"

Jaanvi is still confused and then she removes her headphones and breaks the hug.

She rubs her tears "why are you crying mummy ji?"

"Because You were not seen anywhere in the house and I got scared" Mom said and I could see Jaanvi's eyes getting a bit moist.

She immediately hugs mom and closes her eyes.

Jaanvi rubs her back and smiles slightly.

"Rohit come with me" Dad said and I nod

We went into his room and he asked "what are you doing Rohit? Where is the evidence that she is not your wife? What are you doing? Your mom is smitten by her, by her sweet talks. I can't make your mom understand anything if Jaanvi is good or not, though I myself don't get any negative vibes from her but I know what she is doing is wrong. Even though I don't want to behave the way I am behaving with her but to keep my family safe, I am taking precautions! She is still a young her but it doesn't mean we should neglect what she is doing"

I listen to him carefully.

"I am relying upon you, my son. Because I know you and I also know you will not let me down in any way. If I wanted I could have let her go from this house the day she came but Then I was scared that what if she does this stunt somewhere else? Would they complain about her or use her? I let her stay because If she is doing this for some wrong purpose you will find it out and she will learn her lesson. I know my son can do anything and a work of a police inspector is not just finding about the crime and the criminal but also to end it"

He keeps his hand on my shoulder "I want you to make Jaanvi realise that what she is doing is wrong. All this fraud and stuff but before that find the reason, find the reason why she calls you her husband!"

I nod and hug Dad "I will dad. As soon as I get free from this complex case I will and I have even started"

"I know you can but beta be a bit fast, I don't want any kind of danger in my family to arise"

"It won't Dad until I am here with you both"

He pats my back and we break the hug.

"Now let's go out and I really think I behaved rudely with Jaanvi. My way of protesting was not good" Dad said

"It's okay Dad. It was your anger and concern at the same time"

He nods and we go out.

We saw mom was making her eat food and they were laughing as well.

Dad and I look at each other and then back at them.

Dad goes and stand in front of them "Jaanvi"

She looks at him.

"I know I was very rude to you before leaving for the party but it was because I am concerned about my family and you coming suddenly into our lives..."

Jaanvi stood up "I understand uncle. I know you all think I am a fraud and everything but one thing I can assure that I Would never do anything wrong with anyone. I won't harm anyone and if I will feel that because of me any one of you is getting hurt, I will leave immediately from here"

Dad say nothing but "eat your food and go to sleep it's getting very late"

Dad goes into his room and I look at Jaanvi.

She eat's food sharing with mom.

Mom is looking very happy. I don't know what to believe my mind or my heart.

I don't want her to stay close to my parents but then looking at them like this, is so sweet but sometimes sweetness turns into very bitter poison and I can't afford that to happen.

"I am going to sleep Mom"

Mom nods and I go up in my room.

I open my phone and call someone "Hello..I want details of someone immediately"

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I hope you guys liked the chapter!

Please keep supporting through your votes and comments

Thank you ❤️