Chapter 17: Parallel lines

Gun's pov.

-1 month ago-

"I can't belive your getting married and you don't even know who it is. This is some level of arrange marriage." My sister continues to ramble day and night. The moment I told her I was getting married.

"How about Off? You guys were great. You were happier. Not the fake kind you show people and me as well when I was a child. But genuine happiness. This js some freaky shitty thing that our dear father - emphasis on the word Father - as if he did his part." She continued. I just listened to her knowing we can't even do anything to avoid this.

"Well what can we do?" All I could say. It was already over a month and not one day did I stop thinking about how Papi was taking all of this. Actually I don't deserve to call him something I made up. Off. I'll just call him Off from now on.

"Didn't you even gave him an explanation? He might understand" she told me. But I know if I did my father would just harm him and I can't be the reason he is hurt.

"No. Its better that I take all the blame of leaving him. He should not know that I left to protect him. Knowing Pap-.. I mean knowing Off he would just blame himself. And I don't want that." I explained to her one more time.

"You really love him huh? Damn I wish I had that." She suddenly complained. I looked at him dead in the eyes and just rolled my eyes.

"Seriously?" I asked in sarcasm.

"YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT" she shouted at me and punched me as many as she can. Why is it that I was the one being force to marry someone and she still hurts me physically. Classic.

Currently we are going to the hotel for the dinner rehearsal and to finally meet this guy who I'm suppose to marry tomorrow. FUN.

When the car stopped I looked at the hotel. It was really classy to say. Me and my sister get out of the car and went inside the hotel. We were immediately greeted and guided into the room. My sister was called for hair and make up and I made sure she was fine by sending one of Mond's body guard.

Oh right. Mond helped me a lot. He provided support and protection to my sister so I should thank him later.

They then proceeded to put me in this room where the "groom" was waiting.

As I entered the room I saw a tall person dressed in all white. He looked at me and made his way as he was extending his arms aiming for a hug?

"Hey! You're Gun right?" I was greeted by a very warm embrace. This caught me off guard. I thought he was an asshole since he's the son of a mafia boss but he was a hugger. That shocked me.

"Yes, and you are? I'm sorry I'm a little clouded by information" I said to him honestly.

"Oh right. Knowing my dad he would never disclose information unless needed. Anyway, call me Bright cause I prefer that anyway." He told me and he was actually nothing I expected. He dressed really good and he was pretty tall.

"Nice to meet you bright. I guess you're my fiance now" I told him awkwardly.

"Yes that's true but just for a month" he said while winking at me.

"What?" I asked confused as hell.

"Did you really wanna marry me?" He asked me suddenly and his warm aura faded immediately.

"I mean. I have no choice. This is arranged by our parents and I have people I want to protect." I said to him as I sat down on the couch. He also sat down beside me and made me look at him.

"I know. I read your file in my father's study area. Sorry about that. Anyway I too have someone I wanna protect. So despite this nonsense I said yes. And this is partly my fault since I choose you among all the people  that my father showed me." He said to me in a very nonchalant way.