Chapter 20: This is me

Gun's pov

I don't know how I got here but somehow I ended up in Off's Aunt Jennie's place. Everyone greeted me as we arrived in the house. Off hugged practically everyone in the house. I'm just impressed by how many they are in the family unlike ours.

Just as we were chatting with Maria and her cousins a tall man stood before Off and I.

"Son. You're here. And whose your friend?" He asked directly looking at me.

"Oh right. Dad this is Gun. Gun this is my dad." He introduced both of us and his father held out his hands to shake it which I did right away. I'm a little terrified with their genes. No wonder he's tall.

"Nice to meet you sir." I told him respectfully.

"Nice to meet you too son. So he's a new friend? How come I haven't seem you hanging out with Off when I visited my son last sem?" He asked.

"I was a transfer student sir. I was probably still haunting your son when you arrived. He never really liked me in my first days of school." I jokingly said to him which earned a laugh. Off was about

"That would make sense. You know my son is not really a social guy. Even I have not talk to him as much as when he was younger now." His father whispered me the last part of the sentence. I giggled while looking at Off and he just looked confused.

"I gotta get going. I still need to buy some balloons for the little celebration. Make yourself comfortable dear." His dad told us and I nodded to say goodbye. Just then his mother showed up looking so happy. It reminded me of Maria's excitement.

"So this is the Gun. He looks so pretty even prettier than me." She exclaimed. I was a little embarrassed of the compliment but Off just put his arms around my shoulder and smiled at me to ease my shyness.

"No Ma'am your prettier. I know now where Off got his top tier looks." I answered her back.

"Aweeeee you're the sweetest. Alright I'm gonna keep you. And while your here don't call me Ma'am, you can call me Mom instead. After all, your gonna be my son now I'm assuming." She looked at Off to confirm and he nodded.

"She knows?" I asked Off.

"Of course I do. I was the one that dropped him off to find you. And I also know what you did to my poor son." She said while being a little scary.

"Oh about that..." I was shocked since I hurt his son. I was almost about to apologize when I saw Off holding his laughter.

"Just kidding dear. Let bygone be bygones right?? Relax a little I won't hurt you. But just a little warning, Your father has no idea of the relationship yet so you guys better think of a way to tell him. Alright?. I know he'll be alright with it though. Just tell.him when you're ready." She said. While caressing Off's cheeks.

"I got it mom" he said while squeezing my shoulders.

"Oh right. I got to ask Gun something first. Go and mingle with your cousins Off." His Mom told him and he smiled at me and gave me a peck on the cheek as he went away.

"Don't torture him mom." He shouted while running to his relatives. We both wave at him goodbye.

"Alright Gun. Can we take a walk?" She asked me and I did. We went to the garden and sat by the bench.

"You already know what I'm gonna say right?" She asked me after a long silence. I nodded since I knew exactly what she was gonna say.

"Perfect. Now let me make myself clear. I don't hate you because I don't even know you yet. But based on how my son described you you're a great person. And I  don't really know the details of why you guys broke up but I just wanna say that as a mother, I was not the best I'm not always there for him. That's why it hurts me to see my son unhappy because it makes me think that I failed as a mother. So please, don't leave my poor boy again. When he was telling me about you guys, he did not even show a single hate despite of what happened that's why I know he found someone that he truly loves." She said to me honestly. I was a little touched about how Off handled himself and a bit guilty about what I did.