Chapter 5

Tanjiro's POV:

It's time for school once again, this time our mother dropped everyone off. So we weren't late and I actually had time to make myself a boxed lunch.

When we arrived Nezuko and I spotted Zenitsu so we went over to walk into school together. I hope I'm not being toooo friendly.

"Zenitsuuuu!!" I yelled to get his attention.

"OH UH. NO OLD MAN I WILL NOT GET IN YOUR CAR, NOT EVEN FOR CANDY!!!!" Zenitsu screamed at the car he was getting out of.

"Zenitsu, are you okay????" I ran over to check what was going on.

Just then, our science teacher got out of the driver's seat of the car.

"HAHAHA, boy-o these jokes just get funnier every time you say them!" Our teacher exclaimed.

Zenitsu started turning red, "I AM NOT YOUR BOY-O!"

Then the elderly man turned to me and said "Not sorry, Reeses." And he threw a couple reeses cups at me, which Nezuko quickly snatched.

"STOP ADVERTISING CANDDYYYYYY, GRAMPS- I MEAN UH WEIRDO!"

"OHH! Zenitsu, is our teacher your grandfather?? That's so cool!!" I said excitedly.

"NoOooOOooo!" Zenitsu cried franticly.

"Yippie yep yep." Zenitsu's grandfather stared at me with his eyes still focused on the road. "I haven't put my car in parked yet."

His grandfather ran back to the car and Zenitsu started to run away, so I followed him.

"Zenitsu why didn't you tell me the science teacher was your grandpa?"

He was still clearly very emotional and told me, "My Gramps is so embarrassing! I wish he would just stay away from me at school!"

"You know,  you should appreciate him." I said. "My grandmas dead and I wish she was alive and well enough to embarrass me."

"You're making me feel bad." He frowned. "And also do you really call everyone by formal names? I heard you call your mom mother."

"Yes, it's just etiquette, but Gramps has a nice ring to it, too." I said.

Zenitsu's POV:

I watched as Gramps struggled to put the car in park, he usually needs my help, which is concerning, but oh well. Hopefully Nezuko can help out if he really needs it.

Tanjiro was making me feel bad, I love Gramps and all, but he is just SO EMBARRASSINGGGG!!! IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT HE ACTS LIKE THISSS! TANJIRO WOULD UNDERSTAND IF HE WAS HIS GRAMPS.

As I was about to respond I heard a high pitched monkey shriek, we both immediately jumped and looked in the direction the terrifying noise was coming from.

"EEUEUEHHAHHAHHHHH COMING THROUGH, TREES! GET OUT OF MY WAY, I'M  INOSUKE HASHIBIRA AND I AM KING OF THE MOUNTAINSSSSS!"

Oh no. Not him. Anyone but him.