Chapter 29

Tanjiro's POV:

After we had gotten all the charade cards ready everyone volunteered me to go first.

I sure hope Zenitsu is good at this game, cause Nezuko and I have this charades rivalry that's been going on for as long as I could remember.

I grabbed a piece of paper and stood in the middle of the living room, I opened the paper and it said 'bunny' that should be easy enough for him, usually we have really hard topics.

I put my hands up at my head to make them look like bunny ears and started jumping around, it's so simple!!

"Umm... are you a.. dog?" Zenitsu asked.

Nezuko suppressed a laugh and I shook my head no.

The game went on for so long and we learned something: Zenitsu and Inosuke are terrible at this game.

Zenitsu doesn't know the name to anything!! And Inosuke kept jumping at Nezuko cause he thought that's how you play!

As bad as Zenitsu was... I thought it was kind of cute that whenever I guessed what he was acting out wrong he did a pouty face.

It was getting late so our mother led all of my siblings, except Nezuko, upstairs to get ready for bed.

When I started to clean up the mess of discarded papers scattered across the floor Inosuke must've gotten bored cause he grunted then ran up our stairs.

"Inosuke????" I yelped.

"Ah! What is he doing?!" Nezuko jumped to her feet and ran upstairs after him.

We could hear his maniacal laughter through the floor boards as he pranced away from Nezuko.

I just shrugged, there's nothing I can really do about him, other than hope he doesn't run into my mother.

As I went back to cleaning Zenitsu got on the floor next to me and helped pick up the papers.

Then I was very suddenly aware that we were alone, together.

"Oh! You don't have to do that!" I said nervously. "You're a guest, after all!"

"No, it's fine." He continued cleaning, "I would much rather do this than help chase after that lunatic."

I laughed a little, "Yeah, me too."

There was one more piece of paper on the floor and we both reached for it at the same time.

Then... our hands touched..

I felt a jolt of electricity as our eyes met. We locked eyes for a good few seconds before we heard Nezuko coming down the stairs dragging Inosuke behind her.

We quickly pulled our hands away and Zenitsu's face turned pink.

"Hey guys, I got Ino-" Nezuko paused while staring at us with wide eyes. "What are you two doing on the ground?"

Zenitsu got up and avoided eye contact. "W-we weren't doing anything! We were just cleaning!"

I picked up the last card and looked at it. It read 'love'.