Chapter 42

Tanjiro's POV:

It's been a week since Zenitsu and I confronted Inosuke about everything, things seem to be going back to normal.

We're all talking fine again, no ones ignoring each other, and he's no longer beating my boyfriend up...

The popular kids actually have come by to our table a few times to tell Inosuke he's always welcome to eat with them, and though me and Zenitsu always tell him it's fine if he does, he never seems to want to.

I smiled to myself as I got my siblings their breakfast.

"Brother, brother!" Hanako and Shigeru started shouting for me. "Do you know what tomorrow is?!"

I thought for a second as I set their plates in front of them, "It's the thirty-first, right?"

"Yes! It's Halloween!" Hanako said excitedly.

"Oh yeah!" I laughed a little, "How could I have forgotten?"

"Mother got our costumes!" Takeo exclaimed. "And you never told her what you wanted to be, so big sister picked for you!"

"What did she pick?"

"She didn't say, but I hope it's nothing scary."

"I have a scary costume, big brother!" Rokuta pulled on my sleeve and loud whispered to me, "Don't tell, but I'm a ghost!"

"That is scary!" I whispered back, "I bet you'll have the scariest costume of all."

He jumped in fright "I don't want to scare mother!!"

"It's okay, she'll know it's you." As I reassured him, Nezuko walked into the room and patted my shoulder.

"Do you know what Zenitsu and Inosuke are being for Halloween?"

"I don't, actually." With all the extra stuff going on this past week I had completely forgot about the holiday. "What about Kanao or Aoi?"

"I think they're being princesses or something." She rolled her eyes, "Looking for their Prince Charmings, I guess."

"Ooh, that's nice. And speaking of costumes, I was told you got something for me?"

"Yup!"

"Can I know?"

"Nope!" She laughed, "It's nothing bad, don't worry, we're going to be matching."

"Hm.. okay, sounds good."

Zenitsu's POV:

"RISE AND SHINE BOY-O!!!"

I fell out of my bed in a loud thud as I hit the floor.

"Wha-?! What's going on?!" I jolted up and threw my head around to see what just abruptly awoken me from my sleep.

Gramps was standing next to me and was staring at me with his big, bright eyes.

"Good morning." He smiled and helped me get up.

"Morning.." I rubbed the back of my head and stretched. "What was so important that you needed to wake me up like that for..?"

"Your Halloween costume caaaame!"

"My what?!"

"Your costume!!! I decided to get one for you since you didn't offer up any ideas."