Chapter 22

Zenitsu's POV:

Me and Inosuke are friends again and I am so happy!!! I have to go find Tanjiro! Except he won't be happy that Inosuke won't (fake) break up with Nezuko.

"Inosuke, let's find Tanjiro!"

"Okay!" Inosuke said.

We walked out the alleyway and I assumed he'd be with Nezuko so I was leading Inosuke towards the school but then I saw Tanjiro's jacket out of the corner of my eye.

"Look, there he is! Hey, Tanj-!"

"MY BOY!!!" Then suddenly Gramps jumps in front of me as I started to pick up the pace so I ran into him. "Ah, your boar friend is here! Hello boar friend!"

"Hello Mr. Monichi's old man!"

"Gramps?! What do you want???" I shouted, trying to look past him to see where Tanjiro went.

"I WANT YOU to get in the car now. I have the munchies and need to go home right away!!"

I face palmed, agh! His midday munchies, I forgot! "Can it wait a few minutes??"

"No! My stomach doesn't wait for anyone!!" He looked at me with his pleading eyes, he always makes me feel so gulity when he does that!

"But... I need a few more minutes, Gramps!"

"No."

"I- You can just go home, Gramps."

"But aren't the munchies bothering you, too?"

"NO! I DON'T GET THE MUNCHIES!"

"That's not what your diary says!"

"GRAMPS, STOP!! I HATE YOU!!!"

Inosuke already started to leave, so I pushed Gramps towards the direction of the car. "Go homeeee!!!!!"

"Fine, but don't be mad when you come home to no Snickers bars!!!"

I sighed then ran after Inosuke, "Do you see Tanjiro anywhere?"

"I did, but he left a few minutes ago."

"WHY DIDN'T YOU FOLLOW HIM?"

"I didn't feel like it."

"WELL GO FIND HIM!"

He grunted then abruptly started aggressively walking where I believed we saw Tanjiro run off to.

After a few minutes of walking we saw a boy with a green and black checkered hoodie sitting under a tree, and I knew only one person who would ever wear something like that.

"Taaaanjiiiirooooo!" Me and Inosuke ran over to the tree he was sitting under. He looked up defeatedly, his plan must not have worked.

He looked back down at the grass and didn't say anything.

"MONJIRO! MONICHI WON ME BACK, WE'RE FRIENDS AGAIN!!!" Inosuke shouted a bit too close to our ears.