Chapter 56

Zenitsu's POV:

I let out an exasperated sigh and thought to myself, 'Why couldn't I just have made normal friends? Things would be so much less... stressful!'

Not that I don't like- love- my friends, but they can be downright crazy sometimes.

I laid in my bed as I stared up at the ceiling and continued to let my mind wander.

I love Tanjiro, he's my boyfriend after all. Nezuko's great, too, I'm really glad that she doesn't hate me anymore.

And Inosuke... I don't know how to explain our friendship in words, but the question he asked me and Tanj yesterday is still ringing through my head.

I was torn from my thoughts as my bedroom door was flung open, making a loud noise as it slammed against the wall.

"GRAMPS! YOU NEARLY GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!!"

Gramps laughed heartily, "You are so funny, my boy!"

I stared at him then asked, "Did you need something, Gramps?"

He nodded enthusiastically, "Yes, boy-o! We haven't been spending enough time together, as of late!"

Now that I think about it, he's right... before I met Tanjiro I had next to no friends and just spent most of my time with Gramps, so it's changed a little...

It made me feel really guilty.

"So I decided we're going out to lunch to make up for it!"

I smiled up at him, "That sounds like fun."

He clapped his hands together happily, "How fantastic! I will be waiting for you in the car!"

When Gramps left my room I quickly grabbed a hoodie and threw it over my shirt as I made my way out of the house and into the car.

I sat down in the passenger's seat next to him, but he didn't start driving, so I asked, "Are we gonna go?"

I looked to my left to see his eyes staring intensely into mine, "Ah! Gramps, what are you doing!?" He reached over me and grabbed my buckle.

"You forgot to buckle your seatbelt, that's not safe!" Then he did for me and sat back up straight then floored the gas pedal.

I gripped onto the sides of my chair and screamed, "GRAAAAMPPSSS!!" He only drives like this if he's really excited about going somewhere, but HE'S GONNA KILL US ONE DAY!!!!

Gramps proceeded to slam on the breaks, causing me to jut forward.

Luckily he put on my seatbelt, so I didn't move too far, but otherwise I would've flown right through the windshield.

After he parked the car, Gramps zoomed out of his side and opened my door for me while shouting, "Quickly! Before the munchies are upon us!"

I sighed as a smile grew on my face, "I'm coming, I'm coming!" I got out of the car and walked behind him as he hurried inside the diner.

As we sat down inside Gramps had already decided what he wanted to eat before I could even flip through the menu.

Sometimes his eagerness reminds me of Inosuke...

The waitress came over and asked, "Are you two ready to order?"

Gramps took a deep breath then amplified his voice, ordering for the both of us, "Yes! We would like TWO chocolate milkshakes and TWO extra large fries!!!"