Chapter 9

Tanjiro's POV:

Everyone was at the table eating dinner, then there were knocks at the door.

"I'll get it." I got up and walked to the door, I wonder who's coming over right now? "Hello?" I said, opening the door.

"TANJIRO I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!!" Zenitsu cried franticly, he looked like he ran here screaming.

"Come in, come in!" I stepped out of the way and he walked in, looking around, he noticed that we were having dinner.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude." He stood there awkwardly. "I can come back later if you want."

"No, please, stay for dinner! We have more than enough." I offered him a chair.

Nezuko frowned and said "Are you sure we have enough food..?"

"Nezuko!! Be nice to our guest."

She pouted and went back to eating.

"Tanjiro? Who's this young man?" My mother asked me.

"Oh!! This is Zenitsu, my friend I told you about."

Zenitsu blushed and started speaking quickly "I'm sorry ma'am, it's very nice to meet you!!! Thank you for letting me stay for dinner!! You have a lovely home!!"

I just stared at Zenitsu, why is he like this...

After all of us ate dinner everyone left and I wrapped up the leftovers and handed them to Nezuko, but instead of putting them in the fridge, she took them upstairs to her room.

"So Zenitsu, what did you need to tell me about?"

"I'm sorry for intruding on your dinner, I didn't realize that you were eating dinner at 4:30.. Gramps and I have it around 6."

"Oh that's funny!"

"Anyways.. OH YEAH. THE THING I NEEDED TO TELL YOU ABOUT! IT'S AWFUL, JUST AWFUL!!!"

"Well? What is it??"

"I WAS WAITING FOR GRAMPS IN THE CAR. BUT HE WAS TAKING TOO LONG.."

"That's it? You ran all the way here, because he took too long to get in he car?"

"NO. I'M NOT DONE." He shouted "I GOT OUT OF THE CAR AND SAW HIM WITH SOMEONE."

"So he was talking to them instead of you?"

"YES, BUT NO. THEY WEREN'T TALKING. THEY. WERE. KISSING!!!"

"OH MY!! Zenitsu you shouldn't spy on your grandfather!! That's his personal business!!!"

"NOT IF IT'S RIGHT BY THE CAR NEXT TO ME!!!! AND IF THE PERSON HE WAS KISSING WAS ANOTHER TEACHER! AND THEY WERE IN A PUBLIC AREA, ANYONE COULD'VE SEEN THEM!!!"

I gasped, "In public?! How disgusting! What did you say to your grandfather?"

"NOTHING, I JUST RAN AWAY SCREAMING."

"ZENITSU?!! HE'S PROBABLY WORRIED SICK!! YOUR PHONE IS DEAD, REMEMBER??"

"NO I DON'T REMEMBER AND I DON'T CARE!!! I CAN'T EVEN LOOK AT HIM!! I SAW HIM AND ANOTHER TEACHER KISSING, SO GROSS!!!!"