Chapter 51

Tanjiro's POV:

After that whole fiasco was over and me and Inosuke gave Zenitsu his present, which he loved by the way, we found a place to get churros and all sat down on a bench.

Zenitsu was laying his head on my shoulder while we were eating which was making Inosuke look at us awkwardly.

"So, what so you two want to do next?" I asked them and took another bite of my churro.

"More big rides!" Inosuke shouted as he finished his fifth churro and tried taking the one from my hand.

"No thank you! I'm not barfing on Tanjiro again!" Zenitsu frowned at him.

"Then just don't barf."

"I'm gonna barf on you if you make me go on one again!"

I sighed, why do they always need to do this? "Guys, calm down please."

The both of them crossed their arms and pouted.

I stood up and pulled Zenitsu up and Inosuke held his hand out for me to do the same with him, he obviously wasn't going to get up if I didn't help him, so I just did.

Zenitsu very obviously rolled his eyes and took my hand in his.

"Let's just walk around and find something to ride!" I exclaimed enthusiastically while the two glared at each other.

We found the bumper cars, in which Inosuke forced us to go on three times before Zenitsu refused, then we went on the teacups where Inosuke spun it around so much that me and Zenitsu couldn't see anything infront of us for a solid minute.

After that I suggested that we play some of the carnival games.

Inosuke decided that spraying the clown faces was too boring and sprayed Zenitsu instead, he somehow lost all of the balls in the basketball game, and then he tried to eat a ring in ringtoss.

Zenitsu got fed up and pointed at the large glowing ferris wheel in the middle of the park. "THERE!! A ride you can't ruin!"

"Should this be the last ride? It's getting pretty dark." I said to them.

Zenitsu nodded, "I think so, yeah, Gramps is probably getting lonely without me home."

"Yeah, I should go... back to the place I stay at anyways." Inosuke added.

Me and Zenitsu looked at eachother, we haven't really talked about Inosuke being... well an orphan and living in a foster home.

We had decided that Inosuke can talk about it when he wants to, but he isn't the talking type, so we just haven't addressed it since.

(Though Zenitsu once told me he suspected that was the 'giant secret' Inosuke had been whispering about to himself for a month after we met him.)

Either way, I feel bad about the way we found out about it. I mean, we followed him to his house instead of him telling us when he was ready.

I can't tell if he's bothered by it, though. He didn't seem angry or upset just now when he mentioned it, I wish it was easier to tell what he was thinking sometimes.