The Truth

I do not own Wings of Fire so most of what will be said I don't own.

It has been two years since Darkstarker had been stopped, felled by a simple strawberry. In that time, the two tribes that Glory ruled over had started to get along - fewer incidents were happening at least.

Now there were even different hybrids spread about, including out of the sheltered rainforest. 

"Your Majesty? Are you alright?" Deathbringer asked Glory, "you are zoning out and your scales are quite dull and pale."

No matter if her head felt like it had been stepped on by a thousand stampeding dragons, Glory shook her head softly. "I am fine, just feeling a bit off. Probably didn't sleep well last night," she answered him. 

Deathbringer just continued to stare. There were many reasons why he was a good assassin, reading dragons was just many of them. 

"My head feels like the food hall in the Academy..." Glory sighed, knowing that her stubborn bodyguard was not going to believe her previous answer.

Her scales flushed lightly with her emotions, the ability to withhold the emotions lacking at that moment. 

"Glory, you are getting weaker. Your emotions are starting to show over your scales," Deathbringer whispered. 

"After this is done, then I will go and take a break, ok?" Glory said, turning to face him directly to see his response and shout the next dragon in. 

-----

They were on the way back to Glory's sleeping platform hut when her talons suddenly gave way underneath her slightly. She staggered, leaning against her hut wall. Though after the moment she managed to shake herself back off and stand up unaided again.

"Are you ok, your Majesty?" Deathbringer asked. 

"I just need to have a quick nap. That's all," she said, shrugging him off and walking off to sleep. 

'Should I take her to the healers and tell them to treat her there? Or should I tell them to tell the village that she is to take the day off and I'll look after her? No, I'll do the second one. I could spend all day with her, getting whatever she wants. Even if it means I go to the Ice Kingdom to get her a penguin sandwich,' Deathbringer thought, smiling to himself.

Many others would have thought that it was a smirk of pure evil that crossed his face, but who was asking them anyway?

-----

"The queen is currently feeling a bit off and will stay at her hut for the rest of the day. You will tell the village that she is to take the day off. They must not bother her. If anyone does I will deal with them myself!" Deathbringer growled before storming out of the healing hut before any of the dragons could say anything. 

Upon reaching Glory's hut, Deathbringer could just hear the healers telling any present Rainwing or Nightwing his threat. The distinct gasp and intake of breath that reached his ears soon after meant that not even his carefully crafted mask could stay in place as he laughed to himself. 

Deathbringer tucked his snout around the Queen's door, just to check on her. He tentatively made his way further in to make sure that she was fully laid down onto the moss bed that she currently was halfway off before making his way to the door to guard him. 

Glory felt him leave her side and felt safe enough that he was far enough to be able to whisper something to him that his ears were never meant to hear. "I love you..." she whispered out before she drifted off into a restless sleep. 

Unsuspecting to Glory, Deathbringer was just not out the door, upon reaching the doorway, the whisper brushed against his ears. His only reply to the gentle caress was a soft but strong "I know," carried off in the wind as he closed the door behind him. 

368