The Reason

Slowly, the two fell into a rhythm. Wake up, take turns cooking breakfast, Deathbringer go out and collect food while Glory occupies herself, have lunch, spend the afternoon together, take turns making dinner. A little more time together before falling asleep again - repeat. They'd change it up sometimes, to stave off the insanity but it otherwise stayed the same. 

-----

There goes my heart beating
Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now

Deathbringer slowly sang, staring Glory in the eye. He slowly walked forwards towards her.

-----

Deathbringer sighed, turning to stare at the exit to his sleeping quarters. He could hear the soft sounds echoing down the stone cave as the world slept. He's spent his whole life has been spent doing something, killing, fighting, protecting and now this? It didn't sit right; his heart kept speeding up, what-ifs racing through him.

-----

There goes my mind racing
And you are the reason
That I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now

Glory began to sing just as slow as she walked towards Deathbringer.

-----

Glory stared at the exit to her sleeping room. The air was humid and fluttered with midnight life; it was peaceful. But her mind was racing like a thousand SkyWings. Peace and rest never sat well with her. From growing up, to the war, and becoming Queen of two tribes, there never was time. And if there was? It spelt trouble.

-----

I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

The two met each other in the middle. Deathbringer slowly lifted one of Glory's talons. 

-----

Glory coughed, her body shaking as she curled tighter on her bed. Deathbringer smiled sadly as he pulled the blankets over Glory, nudging her in the hope she'd eat or drink something.

-----

There goes my hands shaking
And you are the reason
My heart keeps bleeding
I need you now

Glory slowly walked backwards, drawing Deathbringer with her.

-----

Glory's hands shook as she pressed the bandage to Deathbringer's flank. He hissed but otherwise made no reaction as Glory dealt with his bleeding wound. When she noticed that Deathbringer had looked away, Glory used her wing to bring his head back to look at her, smiling reassuringly.

-----

If I could turn back the clock
I'd make sure the light defeated the dark
I'd spend every hour, of every day
Keeping you safe

Glory could not help but laugh as Deathbringer twirled her around.

-----

Deathbringer smirked as he led Glory into the room. The moon was shining down through the skylight, but that wasn't the best bit. Fireflies covered the area, like a stary night. It had taken him ages to collect them, but the wonder and awe across Glory's snout were all he needed to know he'd do it again and again in a heartbeat.

-----

And I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

Deathbringer slowly led both of them around the room, up and down rocks and through the shallows of the river.

-----

Deathbringer crouched from his position on the stone spike, waiting until Glory was walking by before he pounced. The two laughed as the momentum carried both of them into the river, soaking the duo instantly.

-----

I don't wanna fight no more
I don't wanna hide no more
I don't wanna cry no more
Come back I need you to hold me
You are the reason
Come a little closer now
Just a little closer now
Come a little closer
I need you to hold me tonight

The two came to a standstill as the singing increased to the world felt silent around them.

-----

The two continued to laugh as they play fought across the cave fight, Glory's scales flashing different colours in her amusement. Slowly, the fighting wound down, as Glory rested her chin against Deathbringer's chest. Deathbringer smiled back up at Glory, his wings moving to wrap around the both of them as they laid in quiet contentment.

-----

I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

The two slowly rocked back and forth, wings resting against one another.

-----

Glory smiled as they lied next to each other, her tail wrapping around Deathbringer's. Deathbringer's smirk turned softer as he slowly rested his wing over Glory, holding her close to him.