Mangos (Gems' POV)

I was just sitting in my hammock when Luke walked in. Only something was different, he had armour and this pouch around his neck. "Hi, Princess Gems. Do you want to go anywhere today?" He asked me.
"Yeah, I would like to know where I can get wild mangos from. So just a walk through the forest for some fruit." I replied. What's with the formality? What's with the armour?
"I know your personal bodyguard. So I will be with you all day, then in the hut next door at night, in case you want something." He replied, oh that's cool. We walked out of my mum's hut, making sure to tell her, then flew down to the forest floor.

We set off at a slow pace, making sure we took in the surroundings. We had been walking for a while, the sun starting to rise in the background, when we were stopped by a shout, "Hey Luke, who has it been. Who's the hybrid?" We turned around and saw a SeaWing RainWing hybrid, she was a rich blue colour, with her patterns a yellow-green colour. ( KawaiiRLovesShips )
"Hey, RainHeart. What are you doing out here?" Luke replied, standing productively in front of me.
"What is the hybrids name? Why are you in that armour? Is she your girlfriend?" She blurted out, wiggling her eyebrows, somehow. I blushed slightly but covered it up, by hiding behind Luke more.
"This 'hybrid' is Princess Gems, daughter of Queen Glory and King Deathbringer of the RainWings and NightWings. I am in this armour because I am her personal bodyguard, so I am of the highest rank. And no, she is not my girlfriend." He growled, except the last part, where he just said it dryly, keeping his protective posture secure.
"Sorry, did not mean to be rude. I mean no harm. This is my free day, so I thought I might go for a walk. Though it's unfair, I'm twice the size, and age by quite a bit, of you, yet you are a rank higher, there was only one person before you that got to that rank, that was Deathbringer." She moaned, raising her talons in the air. I tapped Luke on the shoulder, sending sparks running through my body, and thought to him,
Allow her, as she means no harm. Means we have another to talk to. He physical relaxed, his stance. RainHeart seemed to be me confused to why he relaxed, by me only touching him. But she seemed to pass this on pretty quickly. "You can come on the walk with us if you want. We are just going to get some mangos. So you going to join us?" I said to RainHeart.
"Yeah, I would love to. Also, don't tell your parents I said this, but 'I WOULD KILL DEATHBRINGER MYSELF IF I WASN'T SHIPPING THEM!' They are sooo cute!" RainHeart squealed.

(Glory's POV)

My daughter, man this feels weird to say or is it think, has just left to go on a walk with Luke. Probably make sure that there is no other of my royal guards around. "AquaStar, could you come here please?" I called out. She shortly was in front of me, head low in a bow. "Make sure there is only Gems and Luke going to the mango grounds, not even another guard. Unless they invite the guard." I told her. A smile quickly appeared and she replied,
"Already done, I figured what you are doing. Though they will run into RainHeart, she will leave, or get invited. She is also trying to see if there is something between the two, she figured it out, Luke was acting strangely yesterday. That is what I was informed of. I can stop her if you like, your majesty." AquaStar said to me.
"No, I would also like to find out. Leave her to it. She is not to intervene, as Luke may have to attack her to protect Gems. It is his job." I replied, a smile on my face, I then signalled her back to her place.

I was sitting at my desk when I felt two strong talons wrap around my shoulders, a husky voice whisper into my ear, "How are you, my Queen?"
"Deathbringer, you know you don't have to be so formal, but fine. Just finished the paperwork, is Gems back?" I questioned him.
"No, she is still out on the walk, and RainHeart just said that they have headed for the beached lake. The one that's about twenty minutes fly away. She also said that she loves her mangos, and has got your sass, as she was snapping back at small comments, in a nice, funny way. Also that there is something between the two." He replied, a smug smile forming across his snout. I playfully swatted at it, then stood up and walked towards my other dragonets.
"How you all been?" I asked they all nodded. "Are you hungry?" More nods. "Well then, we should get you some food. Should we try some mango, as that is what your sister has had?" Even more nodding. "Could you collect a basket of mangos?" I asked a RainWing formed out of the air, nodded then flew out the window. "NOT OUT THE WINDOW!" I screamed after the guard, causing my hatchlings to giggle.

(Rose's POV)

"Mom? Why shout, guard not hear?" I asked her, my voice breaking. First time I have spoken, yet my sister had beat me to it.
"Oh, I just do it so that the other guards know, sweety." She replied to me, scanning the room with her eyes slightly, aiming it also at the guards. She was then passed the basket of mangos, so she shouted for Dad, but he was already behind her. He got a tail wack when he surprised her, that was funny! She then passed all of us a mango each. They took a mouthful of fruit, then smiled, showing that it was safe to eat. We all took a mouthful, then spat it out as a group. That was nasty! This must of caught everyone by surprise, as everyone, even the guards started to laugh. This caused more guards to poke their snouts in, then start to laugh.

(Gems' POV)

We were heading back to the royal hut when we heard laughing coming from it. So, predictably, I ran off to find out what it was. We where both not prepared for what we saw, everybody was laughing, my siblings trying to get rid of the taste of mango! We both started to laugh slightly, me as a witches cackle (my real laugh, even in real life) and Luke as deep, calming, reassuring chuckle. The others must have heard my thoughts, as they started to laugh, whereas Luke just went wide-eyed, but still chuckling. "Like what you hear?" He smugly thought to me. Causing my siblings to laugh even harder.
Smug, smug dragonet! I thought back to him, remembering that he had used it on me before. This caused Luke to start laughing so hard that his stomach started to hurt. My siblings were rolling around on the floor, loving what they were hearing. Great, just great.
"I am going to tell mom!" I heard Rose say after a moment. "Mom, I have something to say!" She started, by I caught her off by hugging her, stamping on her tail.
"What were you going to say, Rose?" Mum asked her.
"That Gems likes Luke." Galaxy spoke up. Mum looked at Rose, who nodded in agreement. She then turned her piercing gaze to me.
"Is what they say true?" She asked me

(Luke's POV)

"Is what they say true?" The Queen asked Gems. I felt myself panic, my legs starting to tremble.
"Yes." Gems replied looking down. My legs gave way, causing me to fall to the floor, in an undignified flop. This caused everyone to look at me, I felt my snout start to heat up. Though I was surprised by the King and Queen's reaction. The Queen held her hand out to the King, who, reluctantly gave her a blue forest gem. "You were betting on me?!?" Gems asked, astonished that they would do that.
"Yes, we did. Though your father said that you would emit it later on. He was wrong, I was right." The Queen replied smugly. Gems quickly stormed out the hut. The Queen gave me a glare, causing me too quickly run out of the hut quickly.

(Glory's POV)

As Luke left the hut, I saw RainHeart, after crawling through the window, hand over a pink forest gem to Rose. "You also bet on your sister?" Nodding. "Well I can't talk, I also did it. RainHeart, back to your job, please." She seemed to get the message, as she left the hut, starting to fly in the direction Gems and Luke went in. I turned back towards my children, who were looking at me, and I asked them, "Do you want to have some apples, it is what you had yesterday?" This was answered by their heads nodding. I walked out of the room, heading towards the food storage. I grabbed a basket of apples, then headed back towards the room. As I got back to my previous place, I handed out the apples, giving the rest to the guards. We all sat in the hut, munching on apples before my hatchlings started to grow tired. So I sent them off to bed, leaving me and Deathbringer to watch the sunset.

We were sat on the balcony, facing out over the village. It was quiet, there were birds tweeting in the background, enjoying the days last light. I rested my head on Deathbringer's shoulder. We just sat there till the sun has vanished beyond the horizon and the stars were twinkling above our heads. We slowly walked back to our bed and fell asleep cuddles into each other.