Friends

Both Glory and Deathbringer flew wingtip to wingtip. The sun was just setting, illuminating Jade Mountain in the distance.

Their wings brushed together as they back-peddled to land smoothly on the landing rock outside the school, all around them were dragonets playing.

"I think you should be heading back in now, it's getting dark," Glory said loudly to them all.

Their heads flung around as if they were deer caught in the sight of dragon claws.

"Listen to the Queen," Deathbringer growled, acting up his figure of bodyguard to the Queen.

They all bowed their heads slightly as they ran back into the academy, their friends that were just exiting quickly following their lead.

One must have told an adult as no sooner had the pair walked through the door of the academy Glory was barrelled to the floor by Clay.

"Off," Deathbringer growled, dragging him off Glory.

Glory stood and smacked Deathbringer around the ear with her wing, "he's a friend, not a threat."

"Still don't like any jumping on you," Deathbringer grumbled.

Clay led the pair of them to where the rest of the dragonets were waiting. Sunny was her usual happy self as she bounded over to Glory before hugging her.

"Why are you here, if you don't mind me asking?" She asked her.

"I'm a little ill at the moment," Glory started - when Sunny's wings flew into the air - she continued, "it can only be passed onto another Rainwing."

Sunny practically sighed with relief as she wrapped her wings around Glory again.

"Queen Glory and I require accommodation for the night before we continue on to where she needs to spend a month to rest and heal," Deathbringer stated formally.

"You don't need to be formal with us!" Sunny giggled.

"We have a guest room ready that you can use for the night," Tsunami nodded before leading them to their room, "we'll wake you in the morning when food is ready... Deathbringer, I take it you're either escorting Glory or there for her food supply?"

"Food supply," Deathbringer said, "she is not allowed to leave where she will stay the whole time otherwise the month will start again. I can also act as a form of communication."

"Alright, goodnight Glory... Deathbringer," Tsunami nodded.

"What are we going to be doing for the month?" Glory questioned, wanting to know as Tsunami left the cave.

"I am not sure, there should be things to keep you entertained there. If not I could pop out for a while. I have the key to be able to open it from the inside," Deathbringer shrugged.

"So it will be boring..." She grumbled before yawning.

"And you're tired, time to sleep," Deathbringer smirked.

In separate sleeping areas, the two of them headed off to sleep.