Their Secret

Deathbringer was the one that woke up first, as he went to move he found Glory holding onto his tail. Gently trying to tug his tail from hers, he found that she was gripping tightly in her slumber.

"Deathbringer?" Glory said, "why am I holding onto your tail?!"

"It's how you fell back asleep," Deathbringer replied, looking helpless.

"What happened earlier. All I remember... Oh... I told you." She said with guilt in her voice.

They stood looking at each other until Deathbringer finally broke the gaze. "Glory, it's ok if you hate me..." He started.

"Stop! Deathbringer why would I hate you. You've done nothing wrong, I'm the one to blame," Glory said, weakly.

"Glory," Deathbringer started, "you've done nothing wrong either. You... You have never done anything wrong. You are my star, my light, my moon, my life. You are the reason that all these dragons live, why I live." He looked away and said, "Glory, I stay with you and only you. You have the body of a hardened Queen but still keep the soul of a lovely, sweet-hearted dragonet that I met so many years ago."

Glory felt her eyes start to water. When Deathbringer started, she did not expect anything so emotional from him.

He turned back to face her, taking her talons in his own, "that is why I fell for you. When I first saw you, I realised I could not kill you, that I can't live without you," he finished.

Glory went bright pink then blue bubbles appeared over her. She leant forward instinctively and cried into his shoulder. "This will be our little secret..." She whispered softly to him.

"If it means we can be a we? Then nothing will know. Not even the trees and the bees," Deathbringer replied.

They started to walk out of Glory's hut when she said, "we can't walk out together. I will go out first, then you will follow."

"Alright," Deathbringer replied.

Glory walked out of the door and Deathbringer followed. They flew off, heading to the healer's hut, Glory shakily but still flying in the direction needed.