The Illness

The floor was soft beneath her talons as they landed. Admittedly, if Deathbringer had not steadied her, her snout would have also have got to see how soft the floor was.

"You need to head to the healers... I don't want you to seriously ill when it could be stopped so simply now," Deathbringer stated, releasing her once she was stable enough on her own.

She went to answer, but in a brief moment of glancing at the ex-assassin, her mind instantly changed. "Ok, I will go and get a check-up... But that is it, nothing more!" Glory said, adding a small glare at the end to add to her point.

"That is all I ask," Deathbringer replied, flashing a grin at her.

Together, the pair walked towards the healers. It was a quiet time for the healers as there was only a single patient on the bed. It seemed to be a hatchling with a bent wing - obviously tried flying in the wrong area.

The NightWings did not want to use the safety-net the RainWings had, they kept stating that it was a cheat. That the bounce pads were not going to be something used in the real world anyway. Glory was saddened by this all the time, the rainforest was a different place to the volcano they lived on for so long.

It meant that there was a constant stream of injured hatchlings coming to the medical room.

"Queen Glory, it's nice to see you up and about after what Deathbringer said yesterday," one of the healers bowed.

"And what exactly did he say?" Glory asked.

The healer opened her mouth to speak a reply when she saw Deathbringer's glare and changed her response, "that you were to be left alone as you slept."

"Alright. I am here as my bodyguard has asked that I come to take a routine check-up as a safety precaution," Glory said as she straightened her neck out.

"Right this way," the healer said as she led then to an unoccupied bed. The healer proceeded to do the check-up before heading to the back where the other healers were.

All the healers shortly moved from the back to where Glory and Deathbringer was.

"We've noticed something worrying coming up on your results. You're showing the signs of early onset of Rainonflu. As a precaution, we need you to spend a month outside of the rainforest in a cave."

"What is Rainonflu?" Deathbringer asked.

"Rainonflu is a virus that we RainWings can catch. As hatchlings, we normally grow and immunity to the virus thanks to spending our whole life in the rainforest. But because our queen has spent her time as a hatchling outside of the rainforest, she has no such protection." The lead healer explained.

"Why a cave?" Glory asked.

"Because this is the opposite of the rainforest and because that is the habitat you lived in as a hatchling," the healer explained, "after the virus has passed, it will be safe for you to return. Preferably, do not come into contact with any over RainWings during this time as there is a chance that you could pass it onto them as well."

"When does Glory have to leave?" Deathbringer asked.

"Now, we can place the previous queen in charge. Deathbringer, you will need to go with her. It is a must that she must not leave that cave," the healer explained before trying to hurry them out.

"Guess we are heading to the cave under the mountain?" Glory sighed, as both herself and Deathbringer took to the sky.