Riddles Answer (Deathbringer's POV)

As I woke up, I decided that I was going to figure out that riddle. I went and sat down at the desk that was added to my room. Let's take this piece by piece. 'Now, what you want to know, is what you already have' there are many things that could mean; family, house, job, friendship and close bond are some of the many. It must be friendship. 'Confirmation is what you seek, yet you already have proof.' That would mean that it was right in front of her. 'When the sun rises and the moon sets, the family birds hit the sky' this part I do not get, why does she talk about the sun, moon and birds? "You alright Deathbringer?" Glory said, placing her talon on my shoulder. I jumped slightly, but replied,
"Yeah, I'm alright. I'm just trying to figure out what she meant. The first two parts I get, friendship and it's in front of her. The next part I don't get, 'when the sun rises and the moon sets, the family birds hit the sky,' I don't get what she means by that?"
"Well, we will go get breakfast, see if that helps?" Glory replied, half dragging me away.

Breakfast was busy, but all the way through I was thinking about what Gems had said. What did it mean?

I walked off to mine and Glory's room, grabbing my pouch. I met Glory at the door before we both headed off to the royal platform. When we landed, Glory sat down on her throne, while I sat on the floor next to her.

A RainWing walked up to us, bowing, then asked, "The bananas are not growing, nor are the strawberries, what should I do?"

"Are you using anything different on them, different water, different fertiliser?" Glory asked.

"Yes, I am now using the water from the smaller lake, close to the tunnels. What has this to do with it?" The RainWing asked.

"That small lake is connected to the stream that runs by the tunnels. It has been polluted, as the NightWings used to throw any scraps of food into it, they were all rotten at the time. This was carried into that small lake. It can't be used for a while, as it will still have the effects of it." I butted in, Glory nodding her head in agreement. The RainWing bowed again, before flying off.

The rest of the day was spent like this, only breaking for food or sun time, though the NightWings did not understand that Glory needs it as well.

We walked back to our hut, the guards telling us that our hatchlings are asleep. It was dark out, more dragons wanted help from the Queen, it was tiring. We walked into our room, the moonlight shining onto our bed. We flopped onto the bed, Glory cuddled into me, before we both drifted into a dreamless sleep.

(Author's POV)

Gecko woke during the night, unable to get back asleep, he crawled into his parents' room. He tapped Glory on the shoulder, waking her. She opened her eyes, seeing that it was Gecko, she asked, "What's up?"
"I can't get back to sleep." He whispered to her.
"Come here." She whispered to him, making room for Gecko to lay down with her. He crawled onto the bed, curling up in his mother's talons. Glory laid her wing down, before drifting asleep again.

She was then woke up by Galaxy, who stood before her. She motioned for him to get on the bed. He climbed on, laying against her head. She was just drifting off to sleep when Joy walked up to her, he climbed onto the bed, laying in the curl of Glory's tail. She had just closed her eyes when she felt two talons lifting her wing, then two bodies crawl underneath. Rose and Gems had crawled under, falling asleep straight away. She felt more movement on the bed, without opening her eyes, she knew it was Rain, he draped himself over her neck. She was almost asleep when pressure was applied between her shoulder blades, Nightfall was asleep within moments on her.

Deathbringer woke up to the sunlight shining into his eyes. He stared at the sleeping shape, only then noticing that they'd had visitors during the night. That's odd! I would normally know if a mouse was moving outside, now I can't even pick up seven small hatchlings crawling onto Glory and mine's bed. He shook the thought from his head, he'd probably thought too much about the riddle Gems said.

As he continued to look at Glory and the hatchlings, Nightfall starts to wake. "Had a good night sleep?" He whispered to Nightfall. Nightfall nodded his head, before jumping from Glory's back. He then jumped onto the floor, landing on the presser point on Deathbringer's tail. He swallowed my scream, a muffled growl came out, the others not waking. Nightfall and Deathbringer walked into the living part of the hut, waiting for the rest of the family to wake.

The others walked into the room a while later, rubbing their eyes gently. Glory's tail twitch, then a guard walked in with a basket of fruit, with a separate handheld basket for Gems, who did not like most fruit, except mango. Glory walked over to Deathbringer, a few fruits in her hands. She sat down next to him, passing him some of the fruit, before resting her head on his shoulder, eating the star fruit in her hands. She had fallen asleep, almost falling over when Deathbringer went to move. She caught herself making it look like she also wanted to get up, but it was not tricking Deathbringer, who laughed at her actions.

The King and Queen, Deathbringer and Glory, walked out of the hut, before jumping into the air. They were going to visit the NightWing village.

They flew for a small while, Deathbringer popping off to stop some rowdy kids from fighting, other than that it was a peaceful flight.

(Glory's POV)

We landed on the main platform in the NightWing village. The NightWing's surrounding ran over quickly. They started to ask question after question, giving us no personal room. This was getting too much for me, Deathbringer must have noticed this so made sure they gave more us more room. "One at a time please?" I spoke out.
"They ate my bananas!" One of the NightWing's said, pointing to a group of young hatchlings that were at the corner of the platform.
"I'm sure they did not mean it, they are only young. I'm sure they have now been told that you can not eat another dragons food." I said, the last part louder, the hatchlings nodding their head showing that they understood. "But, if this happens again, feel free to ask what to do." I politely said.
"Could you... Could you ask more RainWings to teach us to collect fruit, we still don't understand how?" One NightWing spoke up, timidly.
"Yes, I will ask a few to help teach you to collect fruit," I replied, nodding my head.

They asked me so many more questions, I lost count, well I lost count at thirty. After all the questions were answered, to the best of my ability, and the walk around the village, making sure everything was ok.

We were soon back in the air, going slower, it had been a long day. Now all I wanted to do was get back to my hatchlings.

Landing on the platform, I was swarmed again, only this time by my own hatchlings. "Can you send a few RainWings to help the NightWings collect fruit tomorrow, they are having troubles?" I asked one of the guards. The guard nodded his head, before getting back to his place. I turned my head towards Deathbringer, him matching my tired look on his snout, before sighing down at my hatchlings.
"Long day?" Galaxy asked me. Nodding my head, I replied,
"Yeah, it has been a long tiring day." He nodded his head, before running off with the rest of them to play. I noticed that Gems was not here, but that did not surprise me. What did surprise me was the long thinking face on Deathbringer's snout. "What you thinking about, Deathbringer?" I asked him.
"The answer to Gems' riddle." He replied the thinking look still plastered across his face.
"Do you need help?" I heard a RainWing say.
"Oh, hello Banana. Yes, we could use some help." I replied, facing the yellow RainWing.

I told him the riddle. A thoughtful look was spread across him before a look of excitement crossed his snout. "I know what it means!" He shouted.