14: Press Onward

She takes the reins, as usual, standing up and taking my hand. I rise, allowing her to lead me into the bedroom and the master bath beyond. After turning on the water, she reaches her hand around my neck, pulling me close to her as her lips brush against mine before she devours my mouth in a searing kiss. I'm enjoying her body in the open dressing gown, and she pushes the fabric off her shoulders to pool on the tile as she opens the shower door and guides me into the spray behind her.

The hot water sluices across her body, and we enjoy touching each other with soap, making our skin slippery. Her curves make my hands curl around her hips and then her breasts while her soft hands run over my wet skin. There's nothing sexual in our movements, and that makes the cleansing more intimate in some way. Our hands get to become familiar without expectation of anything more, and it's a feeling I've not experienced much in my lifetime. Except maybe with one other person: my former fiancée.

"What just happened?" Olivia asks me.

"Hmmm?" I am clueless as to what she's talking about. Okay. So not clueless. At the thought of Misty, my hands had stilled. Not because she's still important to me. I certainly no longer think of her as anything more than a friend. Honestly. The thought of her has made me pause because I realize that I'm becoming emotionally attached to this woman about whom I know next to nothing.

Except that she can fuck better than I can.

"You went away somewhere, Harry," she says, backing up and rinsing off. Brusquely, she steps out of the shower, grabbing a towel and rapidly drying herself off. I watch as the water pounds on me, my mouth slack as she runs the towel along her long legs that were so recently wrapped around me. Her ass is shaped like a heart. I swear that's not a line. She must be about my age, but her body doesn't really show it. Her boobs sag a little, but not enough to be noticeable. She's practically perfect in every way. Have I just screwed everything up by thinking about my ex-fiancée?

Shutting off the rain, I step onto the bath mat while she tosses me a towel. She struts out of the bathroom and into her closet, leaving me alone. Once dry, I wrap the towel around my waist, wondering if we're on for another round or if I need to put my clothes on again. Olivia stepping out of the closet in leggings and an oversized shirt clears up that mystery. As I start to wander back to the living room, her phone rings, and I hover just at the bedroom door. Yes, I'm eavesdropping, but I'm not sure what I think I'll hear. Or what I'm hoping to hear. Or what I'm dreading to hear. I just.....she shut down so quickly in the shower. Although technically I was the one who stopped our forward momentum first. But still. She can turn it off and on so quickly.

"Hi!..... Oh.... I didn't think you'd hear..... Yes, we can talk about it, but I'm probably not the one you need to discuss it with..... Of course you can come over," she glances at the doorway, seeing me there, "Just give me a few minutes to make myself presentable......Oh.....Yes. That sounds like a good idea....." I've heard enough at this point. That's my cue to leave. Stepping to the couch, I grab my jeans and stuff myself into them for the third time today. This is followed by my shirt, and I have my shoes nearly on when she appears, arms crossed defensively over her chest.

"I think I'm going to take off, Olivia," I tell her, not wanting to make her feel guilty, but I also would prefer to not hear her actually kicking me out, you know?

She nods as I pull on my other shoe. Standing across from her, I grasp her upper arms, pulling her in for a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you for the rest of the interviews," I mumble politely, walking quickly to the elevator, not waiting for her response.

Just before the elevator doors close, I could swear I hear her say softly, "Thank you, Harry," but (a) I'm not sure she really said it, and (b) I don't know what she would be thanking me for. Fucking her twice? Eating her waffles? Leaving without making a scene? On the way to the lobby, I take three deep breaths. Hopefully I have time to get to the gym for a boxing workout. I feel the need to punch something.