20: Press the Panic Button

As James closes the door behind Harry and Minnie, he grins at Julia, "By George, that was genius! Why haven't we ever thought to set them up together before now?!"

Julia laughs, pleased that her husband is so happy about these events. "They certainly do match well together. Both loners with giant hearts. And did you see that he didn't even blink when you told him where she lives? Maybe there will be a little rumpy pumpy when they get to her place tonight."

James slaps his wife's bum, "I know someone who could use some of that tonight as a reward for setting those two up." Together, they jog up the stairs to their master bedroom, eager to celebrate their victory.

==================

After I close the car door, making sure she's buckled in and safe, I jog around to the driver's side. It's then that I realize we've never been in the car together. This will be interesting. Music on or off? Windows open or closed? Hands on wheel or elsewhere?

I'm contemplating the possibilities while she's scrolling through the messages on her phone, her face clouding up as she reads.

"Everything okay?" I ask, pulling out into the Brentwood streets on our way to the Carlyle.

"Mmmmm...mostly," she replies, and she types a message or two, setting her phone down, except it almost immediately vibrates again. She responds with a text, and then sighs, tilting her head back and closing her eyes.

"You can't save them all," I mumble.

There's quiet in return, and I wonder if she's dozed off, but then she starts speaking. "Have you ever heard the starfish story?"

"The starfish story?"

"Mhm. An old man was walking on a beach littered with starfish when he came upon a little girl who was picking up starfish off the sand and flinging them into the water. 'What are you doing? The beach is covered with starfish. You can't possibly make a difference!' the man says to her. The little girl reaches down, picks up a starfish and throws it as far as she can into the sea, 'It made a difference for that one,' the child responds." Minnie sighs, looking at her phone before placing it in her purse. "I know I can't save them all, but I can make a difference for them one at a time."

Reaching to the radio, she twists the knob, and the sounds of country music come blasting out. So it's to be music. I'm fine with that, as the topic of the starfish and whoever had been texting her is apparently off limits. She sings along at the top of her lungs to the country pop song, shaking her head and her shoulders. I am quite enamored with snockered Minnie. It's adorably amusing.

When the song ends, a slow and sexy love song from nearly a decade ago comes on, and she catches her breath in a gasp. "Oh," she moans, "I adore this song. Je t'adore!"

Her minimalistic French has me giggling, but then she starts singing, and her sexy, throaty voice affects me and my, uh, yeah. You get it. Placing her hand onto my thigh, she starts sliding her fingers closer to my, um, cock. With a growl in her voice, she leans over and whispers the chorus in my ear, "And everything in the world is right. Stars align whenever my body is touching your body. And when I got your skin on mine, fear gives way to heaven inside me -- whenever my body is touching your body."

Her hand is now tracing my length through my jeans, and I can barely focus on the road. "Fuck me, Olivia," I force the words out.

"That sounds lovely, Harry," she purrs, reaching for my zipper. Stopping her hand, I purposely move her hand back to her own lap.

"You're drunk. Toasted," I tell her.

"Doesn't matter. Still want to feel you inside me," she seduces me with her voice, and now she's touching her boobs through her sweater, and I can see that she isn't wearing a bra. Which means she hasn't had one on all night. Damn. Her caresses cause her to moan, and she tilts her head back, pinching her nipple with the fingers of one hand while her other hand is trailing between her legs. "And if you're not up for it.....I suppose I can call someone else."