26: Kid Press

Meg crawls out of Xavier's bed early the next morning, fully clothed. The make out session had been amazing, but she knows she's got morning breath and no longer looks her best. Locking her side of the adjoining doors, she strips quickly and takes her shower, preparing for the day, brushing her teeth, softening her skin with hotel lotion. Calling downstairs, she orders room service for both of them, knowing that X will be hungry when he wakes up.

After she's clothed in today's semi-professional outfit of burgundy leggings with a long beige sweater, Meg politely knocks on Xavier's side of the door. When she hears nothing, she enters his hotel room, throwing open the curtains to find X still in bed. He takes her breath away. His long, collar-length black hair is pushed away from his face, and she smiles at the way his scruff has started to grow in. She's seen him asleep several hundred times over the last year as his assistant, but each time she notices something new. This time, it's the tiny freckle that rests just next to his nose. How had she never noticed it before?

He stirs, opening his eyes to capture Meg's gaze as a smile softens his face. "Good morning, beautiful," his husky voice sends shivers down her spine, and she can't help it. Her pupils dilate and her breathing quickens. It's a reaction she's never had to a guy. Well, not since The A-Hole, as she prefers to call Titus' sperm donor.

Pulling back the covers, Xavier waggles his eyebrows in an invitation, causing Meg to laugh out loud and say, "Get up, silly. I ordered breakfast, and we have to be at Rockefeller Center before you know it."

Xavier springs from the bed as Meg moves towards the door. Reaching her as she's pulling the portal closed, he leans forward to kiss her. Putting up her hand, she stops him abruptly. "I've got sensitive skin, X. If you kiss me with that scruff, you'll leave me with an itchy rash."

Raising his eyebrows, Xavier stops his forward motion. "One day, I'll mark you as mine," he whispers, "Just not in a way that's itchy." He rolls his eyes, "I don't know what I'm saying. Let me catch a shower."

Nodding, Meg closes the barrier between their rooms, once more locking her side. She likes him just fine, but she has an important FaceTime call to make this morning. Dialing her phone, she sits on the bed, smiling as her sweet Titus' face pops up. "'s early, mommy. Why up now?" Meg wants to grab him and tickle him until he giggles with glee. She loves her little monkey so much. "Just wanted a kiss from my boy. Then you can go back to bed, okay?"

Rubbing his eyes, Titus whines, "When you gon' be home, mommy?"

"Do you miss me, darling boy?" Meg's heart swells with such joy and wonder. How did she create such an amazing human?

"Mhm. I go bed now. K?"

==============

The Today Show and the Tonight Show both film at Rockefeller Center, which makes this quick trip worth the time and energy since we only need to get to one building. The Today Show segment films first, and as I'm getting my microphone adjusted by the male sound technician, I recall that I need to raise Minnie's awareness of that situation.

"Olivia?" I summon her out of earshot. Tommy Bruce, who is here to represent my management, raises his eyebrows, wondering if he needs to join the convo, so I shake my head at him. Xavier is still getting makeup applied. The high definition TV requires additional coverage; otherwise, every flaw shows clearly on the screen.

"Hmmm?" she asks, approaching me with her business face on. Taking her clothes from the dryer this morning, she had ironed her brown slacks, pairing them with a white shirt and an orange cardigan. Her infinity scarf didn't fare too well under the heat of the dryer, but she'd arranged it nicely enough with its splashes of orange and brown that no one would ever know. She looks incredibly sexy with those slacks, and I want to muss her hair.