40: Press Buttons

At lunchtime, my stomach starts grumbling. I feel like the song is going well, but I'd like Mitch to collaborate. We work so well together. Maybe I'll call him to see if he can come over this afternoon and fiddle around with some chords and progressions.

The song, naturally, is about Wilhelmina Olivia Wakefield. I live for you. I long for you. But there's no way I can fit her whole name into a song. Besides, I have the impression she would be a bit pissed off at me for putting her name in the song. It doesn't matter, though. I won't include her name, and yet she'll still know it's all about her. Wanna hear some of the lyrics?

Of course you do! Too bad I'm not ready to spill yet. Just know that the song is all about closing yourself off to one thing, but finding that love can ease your fear. Yeah. I know I said the 'L word'. Don't tell her. Okay? Cause I'm going to tell her. Soon.

Maybe.

Anyway, the tentative title is "Photos on the Wall". Not sure I like it though. It's such a literal title, even though the lyrics are filled with metaphors. What do you think about "Cheeseburger"? Even though the song has absolutely zero lyrics about cheeseburgers. Still, I would know. And Minnie would know. Oh! Maybe I'll go with "Fry Sauce"!

Writing the song has made me miss her less while aching for her more. As I prepare a simple salad for my lunch, I think about her. And me. And whether we're as good together as I want us to be. Even though we haven't talked about some parts of our lives, I still feel like I know things about her that I didn't know about Misty. The time we've spent together has been informative in more ways than just what position she likes best (any of them when I'm buried as deeply as possible) and what actually makes her come (a little teasing of her clit as I drive home).

But there are so many details about her that I still don't know. Are her parents still alive? Does she have a passport? Siblings? Health concerns? What is her favorite color? When is her birthday? Are our star charts compatible?

I know she sleeps naked, likes her cheeseburger cooked medium and dripping with grease. Her favorite movies are romantic comedies. She's seriously considering the option of having my baby. Those seem more important than knowing her blood type or whether we want to get married or her political views. Finishing my salad, I call Mitch to see if he has time to come tinker with this song. The words and melody flowed pretty quickly out of me, but I know that it needs tweaking.

Leaving the door unlocked for him, I put my dishes in the sink and head back to the studio, humming the melody to "Cheeseburger" or "Photos on the Wall" or "Fry Sauce".

============

"I jump!" Titus yells, hopping along between Meg and Xavier as they arrive at the empty parking lot at Sky Zone. He's holding one hand of each while walking and when he says "jump", they lift him into the air so that his jump is higher than he can do on his own.

The manager greets them at the door, offering them snacks and drinks. Titus' eyes have grown as large as the face of Big Ben, and he cannot believe what he sees. 'Trampoweens' everywhere. They take their shoes off, and an employee provides them the socks they have to put on over their own socks.

Titus needs help, but Meg is still busy putting on her own socks, so Xavier says, "Come here, buddy, and let me help." Titus climbs onto the bench next to X, sticking his foot on Xavier's lap.

With socks in place, the three join hands again, heading for the toddler zone, but the manager reminds them that the entire entertainment venue is at their disposal. Laughing they climb onto the trampolines that allow them to jump off into the foam balls. Titus jumps on the middle one while Meg and Xavier jump on either side of him. Xavier jumps really high, and Titus sits down to watch him.