24: Clothes Press

When the movie ends, Xavier and Meg dig into the dessert, feeding each other bites of the cheesecake. When she asks Xavier to choose another movie, he obliges, looking through the full list. First he thinks about watching a kids' movie because, let's face it, everyone loves a good animated kids' flick. But Meg tenses slightly next to him, and he wonders if perhaps she's the one adult in the world who doesn't like movies for children.

Please not that one, Meg thinks. She knows all of the words by heart as Titus has been watching it nonstop since it came out on video. When Xavier chooses a romance instead, she's stunned into silence.

"Um...." he hesitantly speaks as the opening credits start, "You can say no, but.....um.....would it be okay if we watched this one from the bed?" He bites his lips, "It's just that I really want to be curled up next to you."

How can she refuse such a sweet offer? Agreeing, she waits until he's made himself comfortable, propping up so he can see the screen. Then she climbs in next to him, and he wraps his arm around her shoulders. She twists sideways, placing one hand on his chest and carefully setting her left leg on top of his.

They watch the first hour or so of the movie, and Xavier starts to feel uncomfortable about the level of sexual nuances in the movie. Maybe he should have picked a drama. Meg is so innocent.

But when Meg twists further on the bed so that she can look up at him, he is acutely aware of how kissable she is. Bending over her, he captures her lips once more, and this time, she opens without hesitation, inviting him to sweep his tongue inside. Holy hell. He cannot believe that she's letting him do this.

Xavier is tentative about taking advantage of her, but then she sucks his tongue into her mouth as she slides her hand under his shirt to his belly, her skin heating his rapidly. And he wants more. So much more. It surprises him then when she tries to guide his hand to her boob, and he's the one who resists. Yes, he wants her. Damn. So very much, and he's got the hard-on to prove it. But not like this. Not in a hotel room in New York City. It feels cheap and not worthy of his sweet Meg.

Gentling the kiss, he pulls her hand from under his shirt, setting both of her hands on her own stomach. When she opens her eyes, blinking slowly, she seems dazed.

"Is something wrong, X?" she asks, worried that he's not interested in her the same way.

"Nope," he sucks her lower lip between his, kissing her once more, turning to tower over her as he deepens the kiss. When he comes up for air this time, he lies back on the bed, tucking Meg into his side again. "Don't misunderstand, Meg-pie. I want you. But not in a hotel room."

============

I hold my breath, worried that she will disagree and want to continue our current fuck buddy arrangement. The silence hurts my ears as I strain to hear her voice. Which doesn't come for a lifetime. So I start counting in my head backwards from 100 by 3s. 100, 97, 94, 91. It's a trick I learned to keep my brain occupied when I'm anxious.

It isn't until I get to 76 that she finally speaks, and I do my best to maintain a relaxed body posture so she doesn't know how anxious I am about her answer. "I think...." she pauses, and I return to my exercise. 76, 73, 70, 67, 64. "It makes sense."

And I expel the breath I've been unknowingly holding. "So....," I start to speak, and she looks at me curiously.

"Yes?"

"To confirm -- you're staying with me tonight?"

Her laughter bubbles up. "I did agree to that, so yes." But then her face clouds up. "Um, tell me you have a washer and dryer. Please?"

Now it's my turn to giggle as I pull her close, unwilling to let her away from my side for even one moment. "Um....may I have my phone back now?"

Pulling away from me, she sits up, mock anger in her pose, "You're still going to try to get me a hotel?!" It's a joke, and I am glad we both find it funny.