28

In theory, their made up plan was quite well structured. It definitely has a chance of success, however the odds of failure were still too big for Jeongguk.

But the thing is, they didn't have any time left. If they wanted at least one shot at saving the mermen, they'd have to act now, otherwise it'll be too late.

"Okay, you remember what you have to do, right?" Jeongguk's facial expressions told Seokjin everything.

'Please don't mess this up.'

"I do, Jeongguk-ah. You can count on me. Now go." Seokjin urged the male out of his van and right into the back of it instead.

The younger inhaled shakily, praying to god that their plan won't shatter to pieces. He hid behind the empty, taped-up boxes, pulling his black cap over his face and shielding himself away in his all-black clothing.

He could eventually feel the van come to a halt, causing his heart to hammer fiercely in his chest.

"State your business." A security guard spoke up. Seokjin rolled down his window slightly, the cap on his face hiding his identity a little. Thank god it was 1 AM, otherwise the man would see his flushed face.

"Delivering for the company. I have the goods in the back." The security guard nodded, whistling.

Two other guards appeared, walking up to the back of the van and opening it. With their flashlights they scanned the boxes.

Jeongguk held his breath, flat on the ground in the utter back of the van. He had his eyes pressed close, a sweat bead rolled down his forehead.

The guards finally closed the door after a good minute or three, holding up a thumb for the main security guard to see, who was still glancing at Seokjin.

"All good. Let him through."

The man nodded, stepping back and pressing a button that opened the gate.

"Thank god." Seokjin exhaled shakily from pent up anxiety, sitting back in the seat while accelerating. Jeongguk wasn't doing much better.

He drove through the gate, the little pebbles under the wheels crunched as he went.

He pulled to a stop once he parked his van next to a few others, inside of the company's suppliers department.

Scanning the area around him, he stepped out, walking towards the back.

"We're clear." He muttered once he opened he door, causing the younger to stand up and walk towards him.

"Hurry. There aren't a lot of boxes, I'll try to prolong it the best I can. The guards are outside, we don't want them to get suspicious and check on us." Seokjin added, proceeding to lift one empty box and started stacking it to one of the many rows of other boxes there were.

"On it. I'll do my best." Jeongguk immediately answered, stepping out but still somewhat crouching. He was about to leave, but stopped, turning back around to face the elder.

He hugged him, stuffing his face in his hoodie.

"Thank you, Seokjin-hyung. I can't express my gratitude enough."

Seokjin chuckled, pulling the cap off the other's head and ruffled his hair.

"It's what family does, Jeonggukkie. Now hurry and go save your friends, alright?" He put his cap back on, shoving him a little ahead.

The younger peeked around to make sure no one was watching him, before heading over to grab one of the largest platform-hand trucks there were, used to lift and transport heavy goods around from one place to another.