21

Seokjin blinked. Once, twice, thrice, trying to register what Jeongguk just told him in utter seriousness.

The more the words repeated in his head and the look that the younger was still giving him, made him stifle on a laugh.

It repeated once, twice, thrice again, but this time he bursted out laughing. His entire face flushed red and he threw his head back, veins popping out.

"Hyung!" Jeongguk whined, "It isn't funny! I'm serious!"

That's all it took for Seokjin to laugh only louder.

Looking around the cafe, Jeongguk saw people staring at them weirdly, questioning what's so funny.

"Stop laughing so loud, people are watching!" He muttered, bending over the table to press his hand against Seokjin's mouth.

The elder snorted, his laugh now muffled because of the hand.

Jeongguk raised his brows when Seokjin began to say something.

"What?!"

Seokjin rolled his eyes, sticking his tongue out to lick the younger's hand. He immediately retracted it. Victory.

"Eww! Yuck! You id—"

Seokjin inhaled, wiping the laughter-tears away.

"That's what you wanted to tell me? That's your big secret? 'Mermen exist?' Are you for real?"

Jeongguk hummed. "Yeah. And it's totally fine if you don't believe me, but at least keep it a secret. That way I can rant to you without any worries."

The elder snickered, "It's not like people would believe me anyways."

Jeongguk rolled his eyes.
"Hyung? Please? Do it for me."

Sighing, Seokjin nodded.
"Fine, but you're paying for a piece of chocolate cake to make up for the upcoming mental damage your about to inflict on me."

                          ────🐚────

Taehyung has no idea how long it has been. Hours passed by. He was sure he was floating there for nearly a day already, but he couldn't sleep. His wrists restricted him from doing so and his entire body had started to ache painfully.

He couldn't do anything. He couldn't move, otherwise he'd hurt his wrists. He couldn't scream for help. The only thing he could do was lay there silently, praying for Jimin to come back and untie him.

After what seemed like forever, he heard a knock on the door.

Eyes widening, the merman responded immediately. "Yes? Who's there?"

"You still stuck in there?" Taehyung knew who it was. For once in his entire life, he was glad the other was back.

Sort of.

"Y─yes.. Please untie me, Jimin.."

Eventually, the door opened revealing no other than the famous silver tailed who swam in. As soon as he saw Taehyung's position, he bursted out laughing.

"You! Oh my god, I tied you up really well!"

Taehyung just stared hopelessly, heart feeling heavy.

The elder swam closer and first off, he unclipped the bracelet around his wrist, holding it up to show the blue tailed merman.

"Jeongguk noticed, so I need to give it back to you. Be glad, otherwise I would've kept it."

Taehyung nodded frantically, thanking the great depths that he has his present from Jeongguk back.

Jimin untied Taehyung's wrists and he let go of the bracelet, leaving it floating.

The younger rubbed his bruised wrists, hissing quietly in pain. He grabbed the floating object and secured it back around himself, sighing in relief.

Taehyung slowly looked back up at Jimin, biting his lip as he stuttered out curiously,
"W─what did you two talk about?"

It wasn't intended, but jealously dripped from every single syllable. The other obviously noticed it, smirking.

"All kinds of things. We get along really well."

Taehyung furrowed his brows, biting down on his lip harsher. Why did his veins feel like they were burning?

"I.. want to know. Did something happen between the two of you? How was Jeonggukkie? Did he look happy? Does.. does he m─miss me?"

Jimin groaned in annoyance, "Shut the fuck up! Like I said, it's none of your fucking business. Jeongguk seemed glad to see me. A LOT of things happened, okay?"

Taehyung's expression saddened. The human didn't miss him? Has he replaced him with Jimin?

"What kind of things happened?" Taehyung pushed further. His jealousy, insecurities and curiosity were pushing him over the edge. For once, he dared to actually speak to the elder.

As long as Jeongguk kept his fair distance from Jimin, it was somewhat alright. He could only touch Taehyung, no one else.

Taehyung was stunned at his own thought. Nonetheless, it sounded awfully right to him.

He got pulled out of his latest thoughts, instead now shrieking out in pain. Jimin's nails were digging into his side fins, his mouth next to his ear while he shouted,

"I TOLD YOU IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! DID YOU FUCKING HEAR ME!? IF YOU EVER DARE TO GO AGAINST ME AGAIN, I'LL DO WORSE THAN THE EEL!"

Taehyung whimpered, nodding frantically.

Jimin backed away and swam out of the room, slamming the door shut. Taehyung could only hope that no one else heard.

But when do things ever go his way?

Hoseok stared at Jimin's back, seeing him swim away. His gaze lingered over the room's door after.

Shaking his head, he swam into the opposite direction. "I hate liars."

Taehyung's lips trembled, seeing blood come out of Jimin's nailprints that he left on his fragile fins. He grabbed a piece of seaweed from the bed and carefully wrapped it around the small wounds. The blood that escaped floated upwards, colouring some water crimson.

After, he dashed out of the ship, speeding his way towards his favourite spot.
He swam all the way to the beach, not caring about how late it was.

He leaned his head on his arms once he arrived, his tail stretched out behind him.

His fins drooped down sadly as he stared in front of him. He hoped with all his might that his human would come back once more for today.

Time passed by and Taehyung's eyes started to get heavy. But he didn't want to give up; he had to keep hoping. The excitement of seeing Jeongguk again kept him awake.

Eventually, sleep got the best of him and he closed his eyes involuntarily, not even aware of the consequences.

But, nothing will happen if he sleeps there once, right?