23

Running through the company's hallway, Jeongguk was fuming. He marched his way towards the elevator, rolling his eyes at the way-too-friendly receptionist.

He angrily kept hitting the 'second floor' button, not caring if it would cause some sort of error.

Bursting through his boss's office, Bang Si-hyuk looked up from his paper work.

Enraged.

That's what Jeongguk was.

"Jeongguk, what a pleasure to see you! I heard from Namjoon that your mission failed, what a shame."

He scoffed. "Stop the bullshit and fake acts. The contract. Where is it?"

That's when a laugh escaped the elder's mouth. He clasped his hands together firmly, leaning over his desk.

"What's got you so pressed suddenly? Did you fail to read the contract thoroughly? Unfortunately, I can't hand it over like that. You signed it, there's no turning back now. Even if I'd hand you the contract, you can not make any adaptations."

Jeongguk squinted his eyes. "I want to see what I exactly signed up for."

His boss chuckled.
"Come. I'll show you."

It was at this moment the younger began to get nervous. They stood in front of the locked door in the hallway, the one with bold letters not permitting anyone in.

His boss fiddled with some keys before unlocking the door. He stepped in the room first, flicking on the light.

Jeongguk walked in after, his eyes growing wide at what he saw.

Pictures. Tons of pictures hung on the walls.

Not just any pictures, Taehyung was on every single one of them.

Even the newest pictures which got captured this morning, where there.

On a huge whiteboard was written all kinds of information about the merman, shocking him to the fullest. From the species to his blood type, which they surprisingly had an answer to. Fortunately, there were loads of other questions without.

How in the world?

Jeongguk wore an emotionless expression when he finished scanning through it all. He could easily fill in the missing information, but he would never. He'd rather lose his job.

"Ah, there he is. Hello, Min-ho." A boy stepped in the room, strolled towards the wall and taped another picture securely to it.

When did they even manage take those pictures? Every day, Jeongguk was with him. Yet, he wasn't on there. Neither have those pictures been taken at the time they've met up. They had to be from before that.

How do they know Taehyung's blood type? They needed to have checked his blood for that.

The boy named Min-ho turned around, now Jeongguk could see what he looked like.

"You're the boy from the news! You saw a merman that day! You had been taken to the mental institution!"

The boy rolled his eyes, scoffing. "Yeah, indeed. Damn right I did. Those motherfuckers wouldn't believe me. They thought I was crazy! Can you believe it?! They shoved pills down my throat!"

Jeongguk frowned. "How did you get out?"

"Bang Si-hyuk paid them enough money to let me go."

Jeongguk scoffed, turning to look at his so called 'boss' next to him.
"You mean you bribed them?"

Not receiving an answer, he spoke up again. "I'm telling the police."

"Are you sure about that?" His boss stepped in front of him, smirking. "I can pay you. I can pay you an even higher amount than what you are currently already receiving."