24

"We're doing our utter best to stop the news from spreading. We're doing a good job, we're now trying to convince the people who stood on the beach and witnessed the whole ordeal that what they saw, is being dealt with, so no one else tries something. Min-ho and your co-workers are going to be busy for the whole day, you should do something about it too."

Jeongguk scoffed, "You better! We don't want everyone to meddle in it and make everything even more complicated than it already is. I'm already busy with it."

He doesn't want anyone to find out about Taehyung, or anyone else in their world. He doesn't want it to become world-wide news, printed on every single newspaper with bold letters.

"Yes, we're doing our best
and it's going great.
I have to go."

Without any further ado, his boss hung up.

Sighing, Jeongguk stared through his window, seeing the waves splash up against the rocks.

"I hope you're okay.." He mumbled quietly, knowing that meeting up later would be risky. He is now going to feel as if eyes are on them every single time.

But, he still had to try, since they have to discuss what exactly happened and what they are going to do to try and fix this problem.

────🐚────

Hoseok quirked his eyebrow at the sight of his ex-best friend completely wrapped in seaweed.

"What's with the new look? Got bored of the blue?"

Taehyung flinched, definitely not expecting someone at his secret -not so secret anymore- cave.

"H─Hoseok! I─" He glanced down at himself, knowing that it would be impossible to lie.

"Taehyung, I'm asking you very seriously. Did you bring our kind in danger?"

The blue haired shivered at the cold and harsh tone Hoseok used. Looking down, he went silent.

"You did, didn't you?"

He didn't answer.

"I warned you, Taehyung! You knew that what you were doing was dangerous! And now you haven't only ruined our friendship, you also have brought everyone else in danger!"

Hoseok was now full-on screaming at Taehyung's face, the poor merman weakly swam back.

"I don't care that you are in pain right now, Taehyung! It's your own stupid fault!" Hoseok rambled further, causing Taehyung's lip to tremble.

"You aren't only a liar, you are an abomination to our society!" The red haired male pushed the other back harshly.

"You're even worse than Jimin." Hoseok stated fiercely, voice dripping with hatred. Taehyung swore he could feel a narwhal's horn stab right into his heart.

Slowly looking back up, he looked into what was previously his best friend's caring eyes. Now, they were anything but that.

They showed disgust, anger, and maybe behind all there was pain.

"I can't do this anymore, Taehyung. I can't let you go out there again. What if they come looking for us now, huh? Have you thought about that? Your doings could mean the end of our kind!"

Taehyung's heart sunk to his stomach, feeling so heavy, he was afraid he was going to sink to the very bottom of the ocean because of it.

"I'm going to spill everything, Taehyung. Be prepared for whatever punishment you may get."