E P I L O G U E

"Are you sure you're going to manage?" Jeongguk asked once again, staring at Jimin who was comfortably resting in the shallow waters.

"I'm sure. Knowing our society, I'm certain they left their home and moved back to─ ah, that doesn't matter. I couldn't bare with the bathtub any longer. Plus, we'll both manage, Jeongguk-ah. We're doing great." He laughed, referring back to the time the news claimed Jeongguk's previous company had gone bankrupt.

His boss is locked away behind closed bars and those who helped him, all of the accomplices, followed after.

He had nothing to deal with them anymore, and neither had anyone picked up on what happened with the mermen who used to be stuck there, either. Their cover-up went according to plan.

"Plus, I won't be alone! I'm not going anywhere for now. We're going to meet up every night, like you promised."

Jeongguk shook his head with a smile, chuckling. "Alright, Minnie. Know that my door is always open for you. If you need anything, ever, don't hesitate to ask, alright?"

Jimin beamed, "I will." He reached out his hand, grasping softly onto Jeongguk's. "Thank you. For everything. For being my friend and all. God, in the beginning, I actually thought I was crushing on you. You're amazing, you know that, right?"

Jeongguk eyes widened at the sudden information, a blush spreading on his cheeks.

"Oh, whoa, that's─ uh, thank you!" He laughed bashfully, ruffling the silver mop of hair in front of him.

"How are you going to find your mate now, though? Everyone left."

Jimin grinned, shaking his head. "There are multiple clans. They are spread out all over the world. I'll be swimming for a while when I decide to leave, but I'll manage."

Jeongguk's mouth went agape. "That's so cool! Wait! You did say goodbye to Taehyung, right? You guys are best friends! Gosh, that must be so hard on you both, I'm sorry."

Jimin blinked.

Right.

"O─of course! Yeah, it was tough, but he can visit me whenever and vice versa. I'm going to miss him deeply." The last sentence came out almost monotonously, knowing inside that Taehyung was triumphing at his departure.

"I'm going to head out for a bit, Gguk! Now that I no longer have to follow any rules, I'm free to do whatever I like! I'll see you tomorrow, alright?"

Jeongguk smiled, nodding vigorously. "Of course! I'll see you tomorrow, Minnie! Be careful, alright? Don't get eaten by a shark."

The merman laughed loudly, throwing his head back. "I'll make sure! See you!"

The human watched his friend dive under water, disappearing out of sight.
He closed his eyes for a moment, inhaling the fresh air of the peaceful night deeply.

His moment got interrupted, however, when his phone started to blast. Fishing it out of his back pocket, he started smile widely at the caller ID.

"Jeonggukkie!
When are you coming back?
It's late and I miss─ whoops!"

The boy frowned, half of Taehyung's face disappearing out of sight when the device dropped to the ground. He could hear some stuff tumbling down, a minute of silence and then an awkward chuckle after.

The phone was picked up again, the mop of blue hair on display on the screen.

"Tae! Is everything alright over there? Also, you need to direct the camera a bit downwards, your face isn't on screen."