15

"Yeah, of course! Around two?"

Jeongguk was quickly gathering his things, phone pressed to his ear with his shoulder.

He just put his spare change of clothes in the bag and rubbed his head, looking around the room trying to figure what he was missing since he couldn't put his finger on it. In the meantime, he was listening to his boss who was giving him instructions.

"Yes. Around two if that's fine with you. You'll meet your other diving-buddies and you guys will go diving for fun to get to know each other."

He hummed in response, remembering what he missed and ran towards his bathroom to get two towels. Stuffing them in his bag, he realised that he still needs to give an actual answer.

"Oh, yes! That sounds great, I'll be at the company in about—"

His hand reached for his waterproof watch. Turning it around, he read the time.

"—I'll be there in about an hour."

Hearing his boss hum, he knew he approved.

"Alright, Jeongguk. We'll wait for you to arrive. I'm sure the others love to meet someone as professional as you. They can use your help."

The mentioned smiled. It felt good to be called professional.

"I'm looking forward to meet them, too. I'll come as quickly as I can."

Stumbling a bit while he slipped on his other shoe, his boss hung up and the boy grabbed his bag. He walked out of his bedroom and strolled past the kitchen, only to stop at the table to grab an apple which he bit into, since he needed to carry the heavy bag with two hands.

He quickly marched out of his apartment making sure that door is locked, and called for a cab right after.

After needing to wait for approximately eight minutes, the cab stopped right in front of him. Jeongguk quickly opened the door, lifting his bag and shoving it in, sitting down after.

"Good afternoon, sir. Where to?"

The younger handed him a small paper with the adress, to which the mam nodded.

"Alright, we'll be there in about forty-five minutes."

With that, the driver accelerated and Jeongguk leaned his head on the window, eyes never leaving the sea until it was out of his vision's reach.

────🐚────

"Sir, we arrived." The driver stated the obvious.

The boy pulled out the money and handed it over, making sure to tip him.

"Have a nice day." He wished, getting out and looking in front of him.

Carrying the bag with two hands again, he quickly made his way inside the huge building.

"Good afternoon, sir. Can I help you with something?"

Jeongguk smiled at the friendly  receptionist, nodding.

"Ah, yes. My name is Jeon Jeongguk and I'm here for—"

"—For meeting your other co-workers! I've heard your name before. You're quite the topic around here. You see, it's really unique, your grades. It's a pleasure to meet you." She interupted him.

The boy raised his brow, not sure how to respond. Was he really that popular already? Something deep within his gut just didn't feel right. But he pushed that away, thinking he's ridiculous for feeling that way. He got what he wanted so badly, right? Why complain now?

"Oh? Am I? Where can I meet them?"

The receptionist typed something in on her computer before looking back up at him.

"You can meet them in the boss's office, I'll take you there." She said, already standing up.

"Oh, it's alright. I've been here before, for the interview. I know where it is. But thanks anyway." Jeongguk politely declined.

She smiled and nodded, sitting back down.

He turned on his heels and walked down the hallway, pressing the button for the elevator not soon later.

He waited until he heard a small 'ding.' The doors opened and he stepped in, pressing on the 'second floor' button while putting his bag to rest on the floor for a second or two, to give his back and arms a momentarily break.

"Ah, there he is! Jeongguk, meet your co-workers."

The boy smiled as he entered the room, seeing his boss, Bang Si-hyuk, stretching his arm out to welcome him in further.
His gaze fell on the two other people in the room curiously.

"Hello, my name is Jeon Jeongguk and I heard that I will be working with you guys from now on. It's a pleasure to meet you." Politely shaking hands, he waited for the others to introduce themselves.

"Ah, likewise! I've heard so much about you. Our boss couldn't stop chatting about your remarkable grades. Anyways, my name is Kim Namjoon."

Jeongguk nodded, never losing his smile and now averting his gaze to the male next to him.

"The name's Yoongi. Min Yoongi." The man said, not really bothering to add anything else. He didn't look unfriendly, just a little unbothered at first sight.

Jungkook smiled, also stretching his hand out to him. When he peered over his shoulder, he saw his boss giving them a thumbs up.

"Alright, then! Shall we go dive?"     

────🐚────

'6 PM.' Jeongguk's waterproof watch read when he unbuckled it. Putting it in his bag, he grabbed the now wet towel that was draped over his shoulders. After he stuffed that in his bag aswell, he turned around to say goodbye to his co-workers, his newly made friends.

"It was nice meeting you guys! I'm looking forward to work with both of you."

Dimple smile on display, Namjoon said, "Absolutely! I'm sure we'll make a great team."

"It was nice meeting ya, dude. Like he said." Yoongi referred to the dimpled guy next to him and his words.

Grinning, the youngest waved before lifting his bag -that seemed twice as heavy now since everything in it was wet- and he walked out of the room.

After they dived, they got back to fill in some contracts. Now they were all free and ready to go home and rest.

Walking down the seemingly quiet hallway, he glanced at his side. He was about to pass a door, but stopped in his tracks, taking a step back.

【𝗡𝗢 𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗘 𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗢𝗪𝗘𝗗】

It read in thick, black letters, which were impossible not to notice.

Looking to his sides, he made sure no one was there before he tried to open the door.

Locked.

Of course. What did he even expect?

Shaking his head and cursing at himself for being so curious, he left it to be and walked out of the company after wishing the receptionist -who was awfully friendly- a good evening.

Now he thought about it, everyone was really, really nice.

It was odd, but he figured that they wanted to look professional. Especially during the meeting.

"Sir, we arrived." Handing the money to the driver once they stopped in front of his apartment, Jeongguk stepped out of the cab and smiled. 

Closing the door behind him once he entered, he dropped the bag on the floor and stretched his arms, a few cracks filling up the silence.

He emitted a tired yawn whilst letting himself fall backwards on the couch, allowing himself to close his eyes that seemed to get heavier by the second.