19

Jeongguk sprinted to the waters as usual, thrilled to meet up with Taehyung again.
Sitting down on the rock, he patiently waited for him to arrive.

Whilst he was waiting, he drew figures in the sand with his toe, his foot stretched down.

He remembered the promise he made Taehyung; one day, he'll show him his room. The only question is how he's going to manage do that.

Sure, he could snap a picture with his phone, but he's sure that even though Taehyung would already appreciate that, the blue haired male wanted to see it for himself. Not from a device that only showed how it was supposed to look like.

No, Jeongguk was sure that albeit it was a bit wierd to say, the merman wanted to stroke the pictures on his walls with his fingertips, feel for himself how soft his bed is.

Because that's another thing he learned about Taehyung; he doesn't only use his eyes to discover things, he also imprints precious things or moments by actually feeling them. That way it's even more special for him, as if he can re-live the moment by remembering what it felt like.

The calm waves of the water made Jeongguk feel at ease. He took a deep breath inhaling the fresh air, remembering how he let go of the very first note weeks ago, not expecting anything in return at all.

Yet, there he is now, waiting for a specific someone to break through the surface with that cute smile.

He's probably the only man on earth to actually know the truth.

That's when his mouth went wide,
"Holy shit, I'm probably the only human on earth who knows!"

He let out a breathy chuckle, processing it. He never really thought of it that way.

"What are you talking about?"

His gaze travelled down, landing on a silver tailed who silently swam closer.

"Oh, Jimin! It's you.."

The merman grinned, nodding. "Yeah, it's just me today. Taehyung didn't feel like coming.."

Hiding his disappointment, Jeongguk smiled. "Oh, alright.. I see. Guess this gives us more time to get to know each other, then!"

Jimin smiled widely, watching as the human jumped off the rock and seated himself on the sand.

"Need help?" The younger asked, eyeing Jimin who pushed himself on the sand but hissed, as it went a little difficult for some reason.

Nodding in response, Jeongguk grabbed the elder's soft, small and chubby, cute hands and gently pulled the other towards himself to get him on the beach. The webbing between the fingers still amazed him.

He didn't even notice Jimin's smirk. Did the human actually think he needed help?

The merman just took every opportunity he could to get Jeongguk to touch him, trying to get closer to him and bond by doing so.

He just wanted to do so to provoke a certain blue tailed.

When Jeongguk pulled a little harder to get Jimin more forward, he used a bit too much power -or maybe Jimin pushed himself- and suddenly the merman was close.

Really close.

The silver tailed's naked upper body was stabilized by the muscled arms that held him up, one arm on each side of Jeongguk's legs.

The human's eyes went wide when Jimin's face was just a few inches away from his. The younger couldn't handle Jimin's stare and plump, slightly tempting lips from this nearby.