Taehyung's world goes way beyond any human could ever imagine.

There are hundreds of other mer-people, consisting out of gorgeous mermaids and mermen.

There's a giant, beautiful old ship that sunk to the bottom of the ocean decades ago. It's their most popular area. Mer-people have decorated it with things they found, fixed it with tools and now that ship is home to the most of them.

Some don't like to be in crowded areas, those mer-people choose to live a little further away.

Taehyung mostly finds himself somewhere in between. He does not awfully dislike crowded areas, but he does tend to avoid them. He just doesn't like the attention he gets because of his long fins.

There was this one time when he decided to go to the ship, only to end up having mermaids following him around everywhere he went, not letting him alone for even a second.

Sometimes, he hates his fins.

Well, not particularly his fins─ just the 'privileges' that come with them.

The most well-liked and popular mermen can get whatever they want in a mere fingersnap. If they wanted to, they could try to convince the council to give them permission for a certain thing others could only dream of.

The merfolks' council consists out of three people. One mermaid and two mermen. They are the oldest and considered to be the wisest out of all. Everyone needs to respect them at all costs. In the end, their words are law.

They are also the ones who give punishments to those who deserve it. They made sure everyone followed the rules as told.

Taehyung knew he had to show himself more in the popular areas. He needed to be seen again, since it's been far too long. He doesn't want anyone, especially the council, to get suspicious and go look for
him.

After all, he isn't the best liar out there.

Taehyung fiddled with his fins, eyes flicking from one place to another when he anxiously swam closer and closer to the ship, catching the attention from mermaids as he did so.

"Wait, isn't that Taehyung?! He's back!"

"Where has he been all this time?!"

"Taehyung-ah, I missed you!"

"Did your fins grow? They're even more gorgeous than the last time I saw them!"

"Taehyung, come here, we can do something fun together!"

Yeah, it wouldn't be hard to make friends as there were a lot of mermaids who volunteered, but the blue haired male knew better than that. Those mermaids only want one thing; get Taehyung to like them and choose them as his mate.

Since he doesn't exactly float that way, those mermaids could forget it. But of course they don't know that, so he doesn't blame them for trying nonetheless.

Sometimes he wants nothing more than to just scream out loud, so everyone knows about his true feelings. How he really feels about certain things.

He's sure he's not the only one. He has spotted a secret meet-up between two mermen once. With a thumping heart, he pityfully watched them makeout, afraid for their well-being.

He has also seen what happens after, when those two got caught red handed.

One doesn't forget that easily.

Taehyung doesn't understand what was so wrong about it, but he had to follow those stupid rules. He wasn't looking forward to get his precious fin torn off.