A photographer was far from what Jeongguk originally intended on becoming. In reality, his dream was to become a professional diver.

Ever since he was a child, he loved to swim. He can still remember the day he got his swimming diploma. Instead him being happy about it, he was terribly disappointed that the lessons were over. 

A small breath exited through his nostrils, in utter concentration he wrote another important note down. The sound of his pen clicking filled up the silence.

He was currently sat in his living room, finishing up the last bits of an online exam about 'professional diving' he gladly invested his time in.

After taking fifteen tests and receiving back solely 'A's,' he decided it was time for the exam he prepared for.

He hoped that after finishing this and gaining this kind of knowledge, there was a higher possibility for him to get a job like this in the future. He would be somewhat experienced, not the beginner standard amateur.

The tips of his fingers danced over the keyboard when he remembered the correct answer. Scrolling down to the very last question, he refrained from rolling his eyes and basking in pride because it happened to be an easy one.

The inquiry went like this;
'Give step by step instructions about what one should do, when in the unfortunate situation of getting stuck underwater. The diving buddy is nowhere in sight, the oxygen tank provides enough for another ten minutes.'

Beginning to type in his answer, he started off with that the first thing that should be done, is staying calm. Panicking isn't an option, especially not if the oxygen tank is running out. You'd be wasting useful air without getting anywhere.

Secondly, the individual should try to locate where it is that they are exactly stuck. If the diving gear happens to be hooked around something sharp, the thing should be attempted to be cut off in order to free oneself.

If that doesn't work and the emergency air of the oxygen tank is enabled, one should get out of their entire diving gear as soon as possible, with the very breath they got to take.

Smiling, Jeongguk scrolled past all of his answers once more to make sure of them, before submitting it.

With a satisfied groan he stood up and walked over to the small kitchen area, wanting to make himself a cup of coffee.

The clock read 9 AM, when his phone rang. He grabbed the device out of his pocket glancing past the caller ID, since he was pouring the hot beverage in a cup.

Using his shoulder to press it against his ear, he flinched visibly when a foul voice started to scream out,

"YOU UNGRATEFUL CHILD!
DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE CAUSED US, HUH!? YOU TURNED YOUR BACK ON US BY CHOOSING TO BE GAY, HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO YOUR OWN PARENTS?!"

Jeongguk pressed his eyes shut, putting the things he was holding back on the counter for a second. Taking a hold of his phone, he pressed his lips into a thin line whilst holding it away from his poor eardrum. He wasn't feeling like going deaf hearing his own mother scream incoherent phrases at him.

He didn't dare to end the call, knowing it would only fuel her rage. So instead, he just stood there and stared at the wall, listening with a heavy heart how his mother yelled all kinds of things. She made clear how repulsed he was by his own family and that he shouldn't ever even consider thinking of coming back.

"YOU BRAT! WHY AREN'T YOU RESPONDING?! I TAUGHT YOU BETTER THAN THAT! YOU ARE THE BIGGEST  DISAPPOINTMENT OUT THERE.
YOU RUINED US!"