"So you got the job?!"

"Mhmh!" Jeongguk nodded, taking another sip of his smoothie. Seokjin let out a dry chuckle, staring at the younger in disbelief.

"You've got to be kidding me. You've been there once, and now you suddenly have a job?" The younger grinned proudly, sinking back in his chair.

"Trust me, I can't believe it either. After I sent them that email, I got a call from the CEO of the company, two days later. One thing led to another and I got requested to visit them for a small interview, which I happily had gone to. And now I have a job!"

Seokjin listened quietly as he explained, but something just didn't feel right. It all had gone way too quickly. If it really was as professional as it all claimed to be, wouldn't there be more difficulty? And who gives a person a job after one small interview? Sure, Jeongguk's online grades are phenomenal, but still.

"I'm really happy for you, Gguk. But keep in mind that it's just a little strange how─"

"─Yeah, yeah, I know.." He bit his lip, his smile faltering. The elder sighed, not liking how he ruined his happy moment.

The waitress came and picked up everything from the table. Seokjin thanked her while Jeongguk stared outside.

He knew something just wasn't right. His gut feeling told him exactly so. But for now, he decided to ignore that feeling and focus on the fact he actually has a job he dreamed of having. A job that means he won't have to struggle every single month.

He wasn't dumb. That unsettling feeling in his gut told him that it was odd how everything went, but he just couldn't help it. Perhaps money started blinding him a little.

He didn't expect to get feedback so quickly at all. He wouldn't even have been surprised if they had ignored his email. But when the company responded to it, saying that they'd love to contact him and set up a meeting, he just couldn't help but to jump around from happiness.  

Tapping his fingers on the table, he peered back at his hyung. "I'll be cautious, I promise. Time will tell."

Seokjin stood up, ruffling the younger's hair. "I'll be late for my appointment if I don't leave now. It was nice to see you again, Jeonggukkie. Take care, alright? Call me if anything happens."

The younger smiled,
"Will do. Take care, hyung."

Jeongguk laughed silently, waving as the elder left the cafe.

────🐚────

"Well, won't you look at that. It's the ever so famous Taehyung."

The mentioned rolled his eyes at Jimin's bitter words, genuinely not having any energy for that guy left.

"C'mon Tae, let's just go. We don't have time for people like him." Taehyung let himself get dragged away by Hoseok, ignoring his enemy to the fullest.

That, the male didn't like.

"Did I say you could leave? I wasn't
done with you yet." The silver haired merman suddenly dived forward to grab Taehyung's side fin, causing him to shriek in panic.

"Let go of me!" Taehyung tried weakly. He never really dared to go against the elder, but he really did want the grip on his precious fin to loosen.

"What if I don't want to?" Jimin smirked, tightening his grip making Taehyung hiss in pain. He felt his sharp fingernails digging into his soft skin.

In his head, he prayed like a mantra that the other wouldn't tear his precious fin off.

Taehyung was freaking out on the inside, trying his utter best to keep a straight face. Keyword; tried.