22

Taehyung couldn't process what happened.

One moment he woke up seeing that he stranded on the beach, since the waves had cradled him that night and pushed his body into that direction.

The next moment he was trying to swim away for his dear life in pure fear, because one human being had spotted him and started screaming out in horror.

"A MERMAID! IT'S A MERMAID! A MONSTER!"

In any other situation he would've rolled his eyes at the exclamation.

A mermaid? Really?

But, this definitely wasn't the time for that, because soon humans came running, wierd rectangular things they held up began flashing and the banter was all way too loud.

Since it all happened so fast, Taehyung didn't get the time to get away. So currently, he was hiding on the bottom of the sea in the shallow waters.

He'a sure that the humans could see his faint figure, if they looked closely.

Taehyung was terrified. His heart had sunk to his stomach and his lips trembled.  Gasping, screaming and other sounds could be heard clearly. He could also hear the motors of boats coming in closer -not that he knew what they were- and people began to splash with water into his direction.

Looking frantically around himself, he tried to dash to the deeper waters.

The boats accelerated and the humans on them made sure to stop his actions. The huge net they threw overboard sunk all the way down, slowly surrounding him.

Taehyung stopped in his tracks, his eyes widening when he realized that it looked like a fishnet, those things he needs to avoid. He can't afford to get stuck again.

"SURROUND IT!"

"WE NEED TO GET IT ON THE BOAT, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!"

"ARE YOU CRAZY?! MAYBE IT'S DANGEROUS!"

Taehyung began hyperventilating, shaking his head as he again tried to hide himself by going as deep as he could.

He pressed himself against the bottom of the sea, his nails digging into the sand to stay in place.

"YOU IDIOT! I TOLD YOU TO KEEP AN EYE ON IT! WHERE IS IT?!"

Taehyung's body shook violently, hearing the thing come closer again and stopping right above of him.

"THERE! I SEE IT! RELEASE THE NET AND TRY TO GET HIM ONTO THAT!" One human pointed to the other, running around on the boat trying to catch it.

"Namjoon! Calm down for a second, what if we spook it!?"

"Jeongguk, this really isn't the time! Our boss is going to be so happy with us!"

Jeongguk was having an internal panic attack.

This morning he got a call from his very stressed and authoritative boss, saying that he needed to get on the boat along with his assigned team and catch the thing that was just seen.

He had ran towards the TV and the news popped up immediately, a reporter was live, standing next to all the other people along the shoreline.

As soon as he saw that, he gathered his diving gear and sped towards the boat. Namjoon and Yoongi were already there, preparing things hastily and screaming around due to stress.

Jeongguk wasn't stressing and rushing because he wanted to catch 'it', he just wanted to make sure whoever was down there, was okay. He feared the worst.

The other boys were busy preparing for the mission, absolutely driven to get it caught. Because, 'how happy their boss would be.'

That's where he is now, knowing that it was an actual merman beneath him.