30

"We're here!" Jeongguk exclaimed, getting out of the van. He hands Seokjin his key, so he could unlock the door.

"Alright, luckily it's still early, so I'll be able to lift you guys inside without anyone noticing." Jeongguk reached out for Jimin, feeling the merman put his arm around his head whilst hoisting him up.

Speeding towards his first-floor apartment -thank god it was the last one in the complex, directly facing the beach- he entered and put the male on the couch.

After, he sprinted back outside, grabbing Taehyung. The male giggled cutely in his neck, causing his heart to flutter.

Closing the door behind them, he put Taehyung on the other couch.

They all exhaled deeply at the exact same time, the inked up paper that was still on the table floating up in the air because of it.

"What the fuck, we actually did it.." Jeongguk muttered, repeating his sentence thrice but louder after every time.

"We did it!" He jumped, holding up his hands to high-five his hyung, but stopped.

He bit back his laughter, seeing him stare dumbfoundedly at the males on the couches. Jeongguk had to refrain himself especially, when he saw the elder curiously inch near the silver haired's tail, only to yeet himself backwards when Jimin had spread his side fins widely, feeling intimated by the unknown human.

He immediately shot his head towards Jeongguk, insecurity written over his face.

The younger shook his head, walking closer to him and sitting down next to the male. He put his hand on his tail, trying to reassure him.

Seokjin scoffed, 'hmpfh'ing' at the sight.

"Alrighty guys, this is Seokjin. I've known him for almost a year now, but it feels like I've known him my entire life. He took me under his wing when I got kicked out of my parents' house. I owe him my life." Jeongguk said, now standing next to him.

He smiled, "Seokjin-hyung, that is Taehyung. And the male that just scared the living daylights out of you, is Jimin. Tae is eighteen, just like me. Jimin is nineteen." Pointing towards them, he glanced back at his hyung once he finished talking.

"I─it's nice to meet you guys. I'm too stunned to speak, honestly. One moment I was living my life and the next I commit crimes trying to save mermen I didn't even know existed. Whoa."

Taehyung giggled, Jimin smiled.

"Thank you, for helping to save us." Taehyung said, blushing once Jeongguk looked at him.

Jimin hummed, agreeing. "Yes, really. Thank you. Especially you, Jeongguk."

Taehyung shot his head back towards Jimin, feeling like he was about to throw up at his sweet behaviour regarding the human.

But, maybe it was just because of something else.

"Of course! I can't imagine losing the both of you. That company is corrupt. But, now that we're talking about that.." Jeongguk sighed, plopping down on a chair.

"We have to think of a plan. First of all, your tails can't be out of the water for too long. Luckily, I have a bathtub upstairs. Guess you'll have to take turns.. it's unpractical, but better than nothing." Glancing up at Seokjin, he continued on.

"You have to get rid of the van. The chances are high that some CCTV camera caught the numberplate on tape."

Seokjin suddenly grinned. Jeongguk only watched in confusion, seeing the male go out and come back in with something in his hands.

"I figured. So, I taped this on." He revealed the numberplate, which was apparently nothing more than a realistic sticker to hide the real thing.

"Fuck, that's smart." Jeongguk mumbled, not even going to ask questions.

"Well then, that's one problem solved. However, the CCTV camera's inside did manage to capture me, a vague person dressed in all black, with two mermen on a platfrom hand truck. If they start investigating, which they will, they'll undoubtedly find leads. For example, which keycard managed to open the doors. It'll directly lead back to me."

Seokjin clicked his tongue. "We need a cover-up, something that averts the attention from you, to something else. Didn't you tell me they were meddling in illegal business? What if we hint the police, so they'll be right at their doorstep unannounced with a warrent? We need proof against them."

Jeongguk nodded. "The question is, how we're going to get that. I doubt that's enough. But it's worth a shot."

With that, he pulled his phone out of his pocket. Dialing the number making sure they wouldn't be able to track his location and look into further personal details using his own little ways, he waited for someone to pick up. When someone did and greeted him, he took a deep breath, telling the the person about the company and the workers.

"Excuse me, did you just say 'Bang Si-hyuk?' Am I correct?"

Jeongguk scrunched his brows together, the voice indicating that the name sounds familiar.

"Yes, I did. Is there anything wrong?"

"Bang Si-hyuk has a criminal record
and is currently a hiding fugitive.
Safe to say, he is well known by the station. I'm sending a team out as soon as they open their doors. According to your words, I'll make sure it'll be unannounced."

Both Seokjin's and Jeongguk's mouth fell agape.

"Oh, god! Also, make sure to check upon their contracts, certificates and licenses. I'm pretty sure most of them are forged. They are meddling in illegal business." The younger added, causing the person on the other side of the line to note it down immediately.

"There will certaintly be looked into that. What is your name? And please, inform me about how you know all of this?"

Jeongguk hesitated. After all, he isn't innocent after his latest deeds.

"Of course! The name is Hwan-hyun. I've visited their company before, purely to look around. But, they were unprofessional to say the least. It gave me a terrible gut feeling, especially seeing how they handled. I also heard workers complain about their contracts being adapted. Like you can imagine, it was nothing you normally expect when visiting such a company."

The person on the other line chuckled,

"I surely can imagine that. Thank you for calling. We'll look right into it today."

"Good to know. Good luck, have a great day!" With that, he hung up.

Looking back up at his friends, he sighed out.

"Let's just hope it won't lead back to me. Seokjin-hyung, let's continue talking about the new plan."