Taehyung just arrived at the beach, keeping his distance so he could watch the still unaware Jeongguk for a moment.

His eyes poked out from the water, a shy smile danced on his lips.

He slowly swam closer and the human turned to look at the water when he heard it moving. An instant smile found its way on his lips aswell.

"Hi!" Taehyung said giddily, pushing himself on the sand next to him.

"Hey there." Jeongguk grinned, tucking in his legs so the merman had more space for his tail.

"How was your day?" He asked, as soon as Taehyung was laying comfortably.

Taehyung stared at him for just a moment, hiding the painful sting in his heart that came with the question.

"It was.. You know, the usual.." Taehyung's smile faded, he looked down and bit his bottom lip. Jeongguk failed to notice the sudden change of expressions on the other's face, thinking that Taehyung had a normal, probably just a little boring day.

Little did he know it was everything but that.

Taehyung hadn't told the human about anyone else. Which means that the other isn't aware of Jimin harming him and his friend distancing himself from him. He pretty much only has Jeongguk right now.

"Well.. I have something for you.." The tailed said, looking up. A genuine smile crept up his lips again when he opened the earlier closed palm of his hand,  showing Jeongguk the shell he brought with him. His sad hours vanished immediately.

"It's so pretty! Thank you, Taehyung-ah." Jeongguk smiled, grabbing the shell and ruffling the merman's hair, making him giggle cutely.

"Oh, also, I bought you something, too!"  Jeongguk was feeling nervous, not sure if the merman would like his gift.

He grabbed the box out of his pocket with a trembling hand and slowly gave it to Taehyung, who was watching curiously with big, shiny eyes.

"For me?" Taehyung asked softly, surprised. A vague pink shade covered his cheeks, happily enough for him it was as good as dark, which made it hard for Jeongguk to notice.

The other hummed.
"Yeah! I'm not sure if you'll like it, though.." Taehyung flashed another smile before grabbing the box out of the human's hand. He inspected it before his fingers found their way to the ribbon to untie it.

He carefully lifted the top off which caused the bracelet to get revealed, an immediate gasp exiting his mouth once his orbs saw it.

His eyes began to glimmer even brighter as he took in every detail, not able to believe the human got him such a meaningful and stunning thing.

He ever so carefully grabbed it out of the box and held it in his hand, his other finger tracing the details on it.

A huge grin on his face, Taehyung looked up at Jeongguk who was watching the scene intently, who didn't dare to breathe because of his nerves.

"Do you.. like it?" Jeongguk asked, unsure since the merman was so quiet.

Taehyung giggled mischievously, an absolute evil idea creeping up in his mind.

After forcing the smile off his face which was really difficult, he spoke up trying to sound disappointed and displeased.

"I─ I don't like it.."

Jeongguk's face fell dramatically, along with his heart. A sad and hurt look took over his features, which caused Taehyung to feel utterly guilty.

The human cleared his throat awkwardly, his hand shaking visibly while he reached for the bracelet in Taehyung's hand.

"O─oh, I'm s─sorry you don't like it! I wasn't sure what you like, so─ anyways, I'll return it.." His voice came out shaky and cracked a few times, stuttering profusely. He was sweating at this point.

Taehyung pulled his hand away when Jeongguk reached for what was in it. He shook his head from the left to right very quickly, speaking up.

"No! You silly! I don't like it, because I absolutely love it! Thank you so much!" Taehyung giggled seeing Jeongguk exhale, his tensed figure relaxing. He sent a playful glare his way.

Taehyung quickly shifted closer to Jeongguk. The other froze momentarily when he felt the merman hugging him tightly. It was a wierd position, Taehyung had to bend all the way to the right to be able to do so. Getting back to his senses, he quickly hugged back, laughing a little.

It was only for a brief moment, until Taehyung pulled away, shy because of his own actions.

"T─thank you again! Can you put it on me?" Jeongguk nodded, unclipping the piece carefully.

Goosebumps appeared on Taehyung's arm when he felt Jeongguk's fingers brush against his skin. His mind wandered off back to the time the other stroked his scales. He could almost re-feel that special feeling that made his heart do a wierd little t─

"There you go!" Jeongguk pulled away, admiring his gift on Taehyung. It fit him perfectly.

The merman was almost disappointed that the close contact only lasted less than a minute.

"Thank you, once more.. I really, really love it!"

The human shook his head, chuckling. "No need to thank me! I should thank you for all those pretty things you got for me. I have them all in my bedroom. The whole room now reminds me of you."

Another blush creeped up on Taehyung's face. He blinked four times, starting to stutter. "Ah, r─really? Well I'm glad you like them.."

What the hell is this strange feeling?

"I wish I could see what your room looks like!" The blue haired pouted, suddenly experiencing a new feeling; actually wanting to go with Jeongguk and stay close to him.

Jeongguk stared at Taehyung, seeing his disappointment as he stroked his fin.

"Mhm.. Taehyung-ssi.." He began, catching the other's attention fully.

"I promise you, that one day, you can see where I live. I'll show you."

Taehyung smiled widely, nodding frantically.

"Really!? Yes please! I'd love that!"

Taehyung knew that if someone would find out about everything he was doing and saying right now, one thing would be for sure.

He'd be dead.

Guaranteed.

But, ignoring that, Taehyung trusted that no one would ever find out.

Jeongguk ruffled his blue hair again, liking the idea the merman just suggested.

"Alright, Taehyung-ah. I'd love that."