Chapter 2

'Good to see you finally showed up.' Nick Fury said with a smirk.

Bri grinned back at him and took a seat across from him.

'Rogers held me up, Sir.' She explained.

Fury servayed her for a moment before he spoke.

'I'm giving you a promotion.'

'A promotion? Thank you so much, Sir.' She said happily.

Maybe her day wouldn't be as boring as usual.

'As you probably already know, Mr Stark's secretary has left.'

Bri's mood fell. This couldn't be what Steve was talking about. Bri zoned out as Fury spoke.

'You're one the brightest people on our staff and I know you'll make a wonderful fit with Stark.' He finished causing her to snap out of her daze.

'Am I being fired or promoted?' She asked.

Fury chuckled and handed her a set of keys.

'It's a promotion my dear, this is a gift from your new boss.'

She took the keys and saw that they belonged to a car. Seems like Mr Stark didn't like hiding the fact that he was a billionaire.

'You'll be going to lunch with Mr Stark, can't give a job without an interview, can we?'

Bri got up and nodded. She left the office and headed back to her desk.

'Alright, De Mel?' Agent Romanoff asked as she passed.

'Fine.' Bri mumbled.

When the clock said eleven thirty she left for lunch just like the rest of the people in her department. However, Bri went to find her new car instead.

'De Mel, I've been sent on a new mission.' Someone called from behind her.

'Would you like my congratulations, Rogers?' She asked with a glare.

He chuckled lightly and took the keys from her hand.

'My mission is to make sure you don't kill Stark before you get to work with him.' He said unlocking the nearest car.

The car was lovely and Bri knew that there wasn't a star in space that would cost more than it.

'Did Fury send you on the mission or Tegan? It might look bad if her best freind goes to jail for murder.' Bri asked as they sat in the car.

'More of a personal mission, I saw the stuff you drew onto the paper in the coffee shop.'

Bri rolled her eyes before pulling out of the parking lot.

'Hello, Miss De Mel.' A voice said making her jump slightly.

She looked at Steve who was laughing in fits.

'Hello, Jarvis.' Steve said between his laughing.

'Oh, Mr Rogers, it is truly nice to speak to you again.' The voice replied.

Bri looked from the radio to Steve before looking back to the road.

'Where are we having lunch?' She asked Jarvis.

'Mr Stark has made a reservation at a lovely restaurant in Manhattan.' Jarvis replied.

Bri was about to make a left when the car started driving itself.

'Stark's thought of all the ways to get you there.' Steve said laughing.

Bri rolled her eyes and kept her hands on the wheel just in case. Steve continued annoying her with questions about Tegan so she brought the car to a halt and pulled over.

'Get out.' She said.

'Wha-' Steve said in shock.

'Tegan works until two, ask her the questions instead of annoying me.'

His shocked face turned into a smirk and he left the car.

'Good luck with Stark!' He called after her as she pulled away.

'Finally got rid of Rogers?' A voice said that didn't belong to Jarvis.

Bri knew it belonged to Tony Stark so she turned on the radio instead of replying.

'It's not nice to ignore your new boss.' He chimed as the music came to a halt.

'Mr Stark, I'm less than five minutes away from the restaurant, can I please have some peace and quiet until then?' She said through gritted teeth.

She heard him laugh then the radio turned back on. This time instead of playing her music it started playing Tony's playlist. She grunted at the rock that was blaring through the speakers and tried to turn it off but was unsuccessful. Finally, she made it to the restaurant. Jarvis found a perfect parking and she begrudgingly climbed out.