Chapter 14

'You're just going through all the Avengers aren't you?' Steve said smirking when Bri told him and Tegan about her date with Pietro.

She glared at him until Tegan budded in.

'She's not going to have you though.' She said planting a soft kiss on her cheek.

Bri rolled her eyes and got up from the couch.

'I haven't spoken to Stark since it happened.' She said.

'Maybe it was a misunderstanding.' Steve reasoned.

Bri sighed before she left to get ready for her date. Pulling on a simple knee length dress and pulling on a jacket she left her room.

'Rogers, either pay ahead for knew sheets or take it to your house.' She said with a smirk before there was a knock on the door.

She opened the door and with lightning speed was led to an elegant restaurant in Manhattan.

'Good to see you Pietro.' She said laughing.

He stood in front of her in a fitted suit holding a bunch of roses.

'Even more lovely to see you.' He said in his charming accent.

He handed her the roses and kissed her hand before leading her into the restaurant. The dinner was nice but Bri found herself constantly thinking about Tony even when she was in the presence of this handsome man.

*

Tony layed in his king sized bed trying to drown himself in liquor. He's heard from Steve that Pietro was waking Bri out on a date.

'I've always hated that kid.' He said bitterly before taking another sip of his drink.

'Mr Stark, Clint Barton and Bruce Banner are here to see you.' Jarvis said.

Tony sighed and slowly got out of bed. He was wearing sweats and a stained tee shirt because he didn't care what people thought of him in his moment of heartbreak.

'Who died in this place?' Clint said waving his hand around.

Bri hadn't been around in a week and Tony forbid anyone from coming in to clean so the smell of alcohol and body odor was extremely dominant.

'What do you guys want?' Tony slurred at the two men.

'We want to talk to you about De Mel.' Bruce said crossing his arms.

'What about her?' Tony said as his head pounded.

'Wanda told us about what you did to her.' Clint said watching Tony sway on the spot.

Tony had a fit of rage that was easily stopped by Clint before he told them the story about what Pepper did.

'No offense but Pepper is kind of a bi-' Bruce began before Clint gave him a stern look.

'I've said the same thing multiple times this past week.' Tony said massaging his temples.

'What're you gonna do to win Bri back?' Clint asked.

Tony looked at him as if he had three heads. He probably seemed like he did with the amount of alcohol Tony'd taken in.

'Aren't you going to try and win her back from Maximoff?' Bruce added.

'I've sent her gifts every week for the duration of her working here so what else can I do?'

Bruce and Clint gave each other knowing looks before they continued.

'Women like simple, you don't need to blow all your money so that Bri will come back to you. Just do something that you know will get to her heart.' Clint said.

Tony instantly began brainstorming. Why hadn't he thought of it before? Maybe he could get Billy Joel to sing for her and then he could come and confess his love to her. That might be too much.

'Simple.' Tony repeated.

'Women love it.' Clint said patting him on the back before him and Bruce left.