Chapter 22

'It's sweet that you got in a fight for my best friend.' Tegan cooed as she dabbed Steve's split lip with a damp cloth.

'Maximoff was saying horrible lies about her, I couldn't stand it anymore.' He said wincing as his cut stung.

Tegan smiled at him before planting a soft his of his cheek. He smiled and pulled her into a hug until the phone started ringing.

'Hello?' Tegan said picking it up.

She furrowed her brow for a minute until she said goodbye and hung up.

'Who was that?' Steve asked.

'Jarvis, he said Stark wanted to meet with me tomorrow at noon.' She explained before rinsing the cloth.

Steve shrugged his shoulders and got up to changed into comfier, less bloody clothes.

*

'What are you doing here?' Bri said happily jumping from her chair when she saw Tegan step out of the elevator.

'Tony wanted to meet with me.' She said hugging her friend.

Since they both got boyfriends it was hard for them to balance their time to see each other.

'He's in his office so go right ahead.' Bri said smiling.

Tegan nodded and left, she knocked on the door and it swung open to reveal a nervous looking Tony.

'Thanks for coming.' He said closing the door once Tegan was inside.

She awkwardly took a seat across from him and waited for him to talk. Her boyfriend and best friend were both so highly connected with Tony it was slightly strange that Tegan hadn't gotten to know him to well.

'I need your help.' He said running his hand through his hair nervously.

Tegan furrowed her brows.

'Is everything alright?'

Tony nodded vigorously before continuing in a more hushed tone.

'I was planning on proposing to Bri and I need your help to make it perfect.'

Tegan jumped out of her chair and engulfed him in a hug as she squealed happily.

'Shhh!' Tony hissed with a smile on his face.

'I'll do anything! I'll plan all of it if you need me to!' She said beaming.

Tony looked slightly more relaxed knowing he had Tegan's help before he continued.

'I've planned some of it already but I need your help to make sure she doesn't find out about it.' He said clicking his pen nervously.

'I'd be happy to help! Steve would totally come on board too!'

Tony's emotion changed slightly.

'I kind of wanted it to only be between us for now.' 

'Alright.' Tegan said feeling slightly guilty for having to keep a secret from Steve.

'Come by tomorrow and I'll tell you about what I've planned.' Tony said smiling once again.

Tegan nodded before getting up.

'Thanks again.' Tony said before she left the office.

Tegan felt over the moon for the rest of the day. She never wanted to be married but it had always been Bri's dream to have a husband and start a family so knowing her friend would have her dream  come true couldn't make her happier.

'What did Stark want?' Steve asked when she walked in the front door.

'Nothing.' She said hanging her coat on the rack.

'Nothing?' Steve asked raising his brow.

Tegan nodded and sat on the couch next to him.

'It's a secret for now but you'll understand soon.' She said cuddling into him.

Steve wrapped an arm around her but couldn't help but be slightly irritated that she had a secret with Stark that she couldn't tell him.

'I love you.' She said taking his hand in hers.

'I love you too.' He replied even though his head was elsewhere.

He wasn't the type to get jealous but now he couldn't help it.