Chapter 9

Bri sat at her desk working as Tony sat staring at her.

'You're starting to creep me out.' She said not looking up.

He smirked and got up.

'Jarvis tells me you're a fan of Billy Joel.' He said taking her hands and pulling her out of her seat.

'Yeah I am.' She said smiling.

He look the screen of her computer and tapped it a few times until her favorite Billy Joel song was playing throughout the penthouse; Always A Woman To Me. She beamed as he lead her to an empty part of the room and placed her hands behind his neck.

'I'm not a very good dancer.' She whispered.

'That's alright.' He said back.

They swayed in place just enjoying each others company and the music until Tony pulled back and looked into Bri's eyes. This time she lent in and kissed him softy on the lips.

'This is interesting.' A voice said making them jump apart.

Bri turned around and saw Steve and Tegan standing in the entrance.

'Good to see you Stark.' Steve said smirking.

'Rogers.' Tony said with a nod.

'We just wanted to make sure Bri was okay, we didn't mean to interrupt anything.' Tegan said shyly.

Tony looked slightly agitated but Bri smiled awkwardly at their guests.

'We can see that you're fine so we'll be leaving.' Steve said awkwardly.

They walked away but before they were fully gone Bri saw Tegan give her a wink. Tony restarted the song and they returned to their previous stance.

'I can't believe I hated you.' Bri said quietly.

'You hated me?' Tony asked slightly hurt.

'I thought you were some egotistical crazy person.' She said smirking.

He smiled too before leaning in and kissing her softly. Bri thought to herself that she could live in this moment forever. She leaned her head on Tony's shoulder and he rubbed her back soothingly.

'You really are amazing.' He whispered.

She blushed before playing with his hair. They continued dancing even after the music stopped playing, being in each others arms seemed to be enough.

*

'That was strange.' Steve said as he and Tegan plopped down onto the couch.

'What? The fact that they were dancing to Billy Joel or kissing?' Tegan said playfully.

'I'll go with the kissing part.' He said smiling.

She laughed and settled her head on his shoulder.

'It's nice that she's got a boyfriend though.' Steve said.

'Just because they kissed doesn't mean their together.' Tegan pointed out.

'What does it mean then?' Steve as curiously.

'Well, it depends on where their relationship goes after the kiss.' Tegan said looking up to meet Steve's blue eyes.

Instead of answering he leaned in and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and brought him closer. After a few moments their kiss depended and Steve had grabbed her waist.

'Hold on.' He said slightly breathless as they broke apart.

'What?' Tegan asked as their foreheads rested together.

'You're just sad about Jack, I don't want to take advantage of the fact that you're hurting.' Steve said playing with a strand of her hair.

'You won't be, trust me.' She whispered back.

Steve took that as a good enough answer and continued kissing her until he picked her up and lead her to the bedroom. Closing the door for good measure just in case Bri came home, even if he doubted she would. Steve felt slightly awkward at the fact that he was sleeping with his coworkers best friend but put the thought away when Tegan started unbuttoning his work dress shirt.

'You sure?' He asked after a moment.

'Positive.' Tegan answered looking him straight in the eyes.

And with that, the deed was done.