Chapter 21

'You need to tell him.' Tony said to Bri as they waited outside of Fury's office.

'I know.' She said looking down.

It had been two weeks since she'd broken up with Pietro and Tony urged that the only way to  make things right was to tell the truth about her being with him.

'Won't he be more irritated that your the reason I broke up with him?' She asked looking up.

'It will give him closure to know why you broke up with him.' Tony said tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

She sighed because she knew he was right.

'I'll tell him after the meeting.' She finally said.

Tony smiled at her before walking into the room with Bri following.

'About time.' Thor said.

Tony shot him a glare before taking his seat next to Clint and Bruce. The meeting flashed by and Bri found her heart beating uncontrollably fast when Fury dismissed them.

'Hey can I talk to you?' She said awkwardly walking in step next to Pietro.

He looked down at her before stopping. Tony and Steve waited near by "discussing work business".

'What do you want to talk about?' Pietro snapped in his accent.

'I wanted to tell you why I broke up with you.' Bri said awkwardly looking down.

'Then say it.' Pietro hissed.

'Well, I still had feelings for Tony and he kind of left me a voicemail telling me about all these sweet things he did like send me the gifts you took credit for and then when I left dinner early he found me in the rain and-' She was cut off by Pietro growing angry.

'Stark? The jerk who broke your heart in the first place?'

'Pietro, I broke his heart to start.' Bri said nervously.

'You're just stupid if you went back to him, you're just a gold digger!' He said before walking away furiously.

Bri felt tears welling in her eyes. She would never be with someone because of their money. She loved Tony because he understood her, he made her feel special and loved.

'Maximoff!' Someone yelled causing Pietro to stop walking and turn around.

'I suggest you apologize.' Tony continued.

Pietro scoffed and took a step towards Tony. Steve was comforting Bri as she explained to him that she really did love Tony.

'Make me.' Pietro instigated.

Tony took a step towards Pietro and they were now just inches apart.

'I think you should apologized before you make me do something I'll regret.' Tony said in a dangerously low voice.

The rest of the Avengers watched not daring to interrupt.

'Are you as stupid as her? She'd using you! I thought you were supposed to be a genius, Stark!' Pietro bellowed.

In one swift movement Tony's fist landed on Pietro's jaw and he was being held back by Thor and Clint as Wanda and Bruce held back Pietro.

'Apologize to her or you'll get more than the fat lip!' Tony yelled.

'I'm not going to apologize to a little whore like her!'

This time Steve let his anger get the best of him and landed a firm punch in Pietro's stomach.

'Don't hit my brother!' Wanda yelled as she began slapping Steve.

Natasha cam in and took on Wanda as Steve tackled Pietro to the ground. Thor and Clint let go of Tony to grab Steve when Tony began beating Pietro even more. Bruce watched nervously from the side hoping he wouldn't have a code green.

'Enough!' Someone yelled causing everyone to pause.

Tony had his fist an inch away from Pietro's already bloody nose as Steve was being restrained against Thor and Clint. Natasha was suspended in mid air by Wanda's powers as Bruce and Bri tried to calm each other down on the side.

'What is going on here?' Fury bellowed  as he ripped Tony away from Pietro.

'He called Bri a whore.' Steve spat.

'Pietro, that is extremely inappropriate.' Nick said furrowing his brow.

'She left me for this old man! She's a gold digger.' Peitro said wiping his bloody nose.

This time Fury nailed him with a punch before shooing everyone out of the office and threatening them all about the consequences if he caught them fighting again.

'I'm sorry I made you do that.' Tony whispered as he gave Bri a hug.

'Don't be. I'm sorry you had to get in a fight for me.' She said rubbing the bruise forming around his eyes lightly with her thumb.

He gave her a half smile before leaning in and giving her a soft kiss.

'It was all worth it for you.' He said leaning his forehead against hers.