Chapter 18

It had been a week since Tegan had lost her baby. Steve never left her side but Bri needed to head back to work. Tony hadn't spoken to her and in a way it was easier that way. She had been dating Pietro for a while now and tonight they were going to one of the most extravagant restaurants in New York.

'Jarvis can you tell Mr Stark I'll be leaving early?' Bri said packing her stuff up for the day.

She got dressed in her favorite dress before pulling on her shoes. Walking out of the washroom she stopped on her way to elevators. What if she just said bye to Tony? She decided it would be better not to and continued her trek.

'Ready to go?' She asked once Pietro showed up.

'Of course.' He said with a smile.

Within seconds they were at the restaurant and being seated at their table.

'I forgot to thank you for all of the presents Pietro.' Bri said smiling.

He looked taken back for a moment before smiling.

'You sent them, right?' Bri asked furrowing her brows.

Pietro paused for a moment before answering.

'Yes, of course.'

Bri smiled as their first course came. Somehow even in the company of this flawless man she still had her mind on Tony.

'I'm just going to run to the little girls room.' She said excusing herself.

She made it to the washroom and looked at herself in the mirror. What was happening to her? She searched her bag for some lipstick to reapply and noticed her phone flash.

'One unheard voicemail?' She said to herself as she pulled it out.

She typed her password and put the phone to her ear.

'Bri, I know I've been a real jerk lately and I just wanted to explain everything to you, Pepper lied to you. When you walked in on us, I was yelling at her for ruining my relationship with you until she kissed me. I can't compare my feelings for Pepper to what I feel for you because they could never compare. Barton and Banner told me that the way to a woman's heart was by doing simple things and I realized when my gift weren't working that they were right. Bri, I'm not asking you to forget all of the things people say about me but I'm asking you to give me a chance to show you who I really am. I'm not sure when it happened but Bri De Mel I think I'm in love with-' The message ended.

Bri looked in shock down at her phone waiting for Tony to continue speaking. Was he going to say he was in love with her? Surely, not. She had to know though. Grabbing her purse she ran from the washroom towards her table.

'Pietro, I've got to go.' She said hastily.

'Are you sure? Dinner's just started.'

She didn't reply but ran out of the restaurant. It was raining hard and she was drenched within seconds.

*

Tony was pacing his room nervously waiting to see if Bri would reply to his message. He recalled a quote that someone once said, "Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen." He grabbed his jacket and ran to the elevator. He was done waiting for it to happen. Running to his car he turned it on before speeding towards the restaurant he knew Pietro was bringing Bri. He saw someone that looked like her walking down a side street and pulled over before getting out of the car.

'Bri!' He yelled.

She turned around to face him. The rain was pouring harder now so they were both damp to the bone. They stared at each other for a moment before she spoke.

'I love you.' She said baring into his chocolaty brown eyes.

His answer couldn't have been more like the regular Tony Stark than she could have hoped.

'I know.'

He ran the rest of the way and cupped her face in his hands before kissing her passionately. It was like a scene from a movie, kissing in the rain with the man of her dreams.