Chapter 20

A knock sounded on the door and Tony nearly fell out of bed.

'Who is it?' He called out hastily pulling on his pants and buckling them.

'Tegan and Steve.'

Tony looked at Bri with wide eyes as she covered herself with the silky bed sheets. He took a deep breathe and pulled on his dress shirt before opening the door. He didn't bother to button the shirt but thought it would look less suspicious if he at least attempted to put one on.

'Sorry to bother you Tony but we were just wondering if you knew were Bri was.' Tegan said smiling sweetly.

Tony looked behind her and saw Steve standing there.

'She called in sick.' Tony said rubbing the back of his neck.

Steve peered around the door frame and noticed a lump in the bed.

'Can I help you?' Tony said blocking his view.

'Well actually, I've been thinking of getting a new mattress for a while and yours seems to be pretty darn comfy.' Steve said pushing past him and walking into the room.

Steve sat on the bed and began ruffling with the covers.

'Rogers, get out of my bed.' Tony said through gritted teeth.

Tegan laughed to herself as she saw Tony grab Steve and throw him off the bed.

'Cool it Stark.' Steve said smiling.

Steve nodded towards the corner of the room when Tony wasn't looking and Tegan found what he was looking at. There was a shoe that matched the one Tegan found under the bed and a dress-like pile of clothes in the corner. Steve walked over to the window and picked up something that was lying on the ground.

'Someone had fun last night.' He said holding up the pair of panties.

Tony gritted his teeth and grabbed them from Steve.

'What I do with my personal life is none of your concern.' He snapped.

'Hey Tegan, come test his mattress.' Steve said going back to the bed and laying next to the lump under the covers.

He had to give Bri credit, she was doing a fairly good job hiding. Tegan walked past Tony and lied down on the other side of the bump.

'Steve, does it feel like something's under the blanket?' She asked acting as if she didn't already know.

Steve was about to lift the cover to check when Bri uncovered enough of herself for them to see it was her. Tony cursed under his breathe as Tegan and Steve high-fived each other and got off the bed.

'Don't hurt her this time, Stark.' Steve said clapping him on the back.

'Might as well stay for breakfast now.' Tony said angrily.

'That'd be lovely.' Tegan said smirking.

'We already had breakfast so a couple of coffees will be nice.' Steve said smiling.

Tony pushed them out before going to his closet and fishing out less formal clothes for Bri to wear.

'Sorry about them.' She said as she pulled on his large shirt and sweat pants.

'I've come to learn that they come with the package.' He said pulling her close to him and kissing her lightly.

She smiled into the kiss and they broke apart when they heard Steve threatening to come back and get them.

'What an idiot.' Tony said taking her hand and leading her out of the room.

They all sat at in the living room in an awkward silence until Steve spoke up.

'This is new.' He said nodding to Tony and Bri's intertwined hands.

'Surprise.' Bri said smiling.

Tony loved when Bri said stupid things like that. Steve merely took a sip of his coffee and Tegan burst out laughing at how much of a loser she was.

'I slapped Pietro by the way.'

Bri looked at Tony with wide eyes before speaking.

'I just left him.'

'The jerk shoulda seen it coming.' Tony said taking a sip of his coffee.

'I know I did. The rest of the Avengers were placing bets on how much longer Bri would deal with Mr Quick.' Steve said smirking.

Bri threw a pillow at him before bursting out laughing. These days if felt like someone else knew her fate before she did.