Chapter 31

'House keeping!' The woman with a French accent called as she knocked on the door.

Tony sighed and rolled out of bed. Looking around frantically he grabbed a robe and hobbled to the door. Swinging it open he slapped the "Do Not Disturb" tag on the handle before closing it again on the maids face.

'Come back to bed.' Bri said without opening her eyes.

Tony smirked slightly and took his robe back off. He crawled into bed next to Bri and saw that in the little amount of time he was gone, she had gotten cold.

'I never knew France would be so cold.' She said snuggling against him.

'I don't think it's France, it might be the lack of clothes we're wearing.' He said brushing some hair out of her face.

She opened one of her eyes and smirked before kissing Tony's neck softly.

'I'm not complaining.' He clarified as she kissed his cheek this time.

She burst into a fit of giggles as Tony spun so he was now on top of her.

'Say it.' He said smirking.

'Never!' She said giggling.

'You know you want to.' He whispered this time.

'You're crushing me.' She said trying to push him off.

'I'll get off when you say it.' He said raising a brow.

She resisted a little longer until she broke into giggles again and caved.

'Fine, I love you.' She said grinning.

'That's what I thought.' Tony said before he leaned down and kissed her with a smile on his face.

*

'Remind me never to have kids.' Tegan said drinking a coffee.

Today was their last day with Robert and Tegan and Steve were wrecks. Tegan had dark circles under her eyes as Steve's hair stood on end.

'Hopefully it's different if it's your own child.' Steve said as he burped Robert.

Tegan put her head on the table but shot it up immediately when she heard the front door open.

'We're home!' She heard Tony call.

Steve practically ran from the kitchen and tackled Bri with a hug.

'Please, take him.' He said desperately plunging Robert into her arms.

Bri smirked at the disheveled couple before Tony spoke.

'Seems like he's in one piece.' He said nodding approvingly.

'Of course he is, why wouldn't he be?' Steve said nervously laughing.

'Maybe because you took him to a Hydra base and almost got him killed!' Bri said handing Robert to Tony and stepping towards Steve.

'It was her!' Steve said pointing at Tegan.

'I'll deal with her later.' Bri said dangerously low.

Steve waited for the impact to come but it never did. Tony came up behind her and whispered in her ear causing her to smirk devilishly.

'We'll get you both, Mama bear doesn't like it when her cub is in danger.' She said backing away.

Tony was smirking and holding in laughter as Steve and Tegan let out sighs of relief.

'Thanks for taking care of him though!' Bri said giving them each a hug before leaving.

Steve looked in shock as the front door closed.

'What does she mean by later?' He asked Tegan.

'You never know with her.' Tegan said smirking.

Steve followed her to their room and collapsed onto the bed.

'How about a full nights sleep?' He asked as Tegan fell next to him.

'That sounds perfect.' She said snuggling into him.

*

'You're a genius.' Bri exclaimed in the car on the way back to Stark tower.

'I've been told that.' Tony said smirking.

Tony whispered to Bri that the way to really get people back was to let them think you'd get them when you weren't actually going to.

'They'll go crazy!' She said happily.

'You're really pretty when you're plotting a plan.' Tony said glancing at her.

She blushed and kissed his cheek quickly before telling him to concentrate on the road.